OVG360 has an excellent and immediate opening for a Graphic Design Intern at Central Bank Center in Lexington, KY. Central Bank Center is a convention and event destination located in downtown Lexington. The convention center complex also includes the iconic Rupp Arena and the historic Lexington Opera House.
This position will support the marketing team with creating, distributing, and designing resources for the programs and events to ensure the success of Central Bank Center, Lexington Opera House and Rupp Arena initiatives. This role will work in lockstep with the venue teams: marketing, sales, events, and booking.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and production of event-related assets in the print and digital spaces; including ads, sales collateral, posters, tv graphics, table tents, invitations, emails, and more.
- Assist with maintaining and establishing design department policies.
- Stay connected with new design trends, techniques and technology.
- Assist with social media content creation and organization.
- Collaborate with team members in regards to artist gifts, fan activations, and community engagement.
- Ideate and create engaging, fresh, and interesting content to grow venue awareness as well as utilizing different mediums to support and reach sales initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- College junior, senior, or graduate student pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or a closely related field.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- A willingness to learn and develop your design skills.
- Independent decision-making skills; ability and knowledge to apply judgement in resolving problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft office applications.
- Highly organized, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift/push/pull carry or otherwise move up to 15 pounds.
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience with full Adobe suite; such as Premier Pro, After Effects, and other video editing software.
- Photography and videography skills are a plus.
- Sports and/or entertainment industry knowledge/background.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.