Job Title: Account Executive
Reports to: President of Sales
Department: Media Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for developing, servicing, and maintaining a base of clients to implement, drive, and support strategic sales initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sells transit advertising by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending how transit advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Reaches and/or exceeds specified sales goals on a consistent basis.
- Prepares and develops customized sales presentations by researching customer needs and translating those needs into creative proposals for businesses leaders using visual presentations, testimonials, and revenue generating ideas.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales contracts.
- Collaborates with the Design, Accounting, Operations, and Installation departments to ensure proper execution of deliverables and deadlines.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains and update the CRM database with complete and current account information.
- Attends regular sales meetings and one-on-one sessions twice monthly.
- Travels out of the area for business needs.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supervision by President of Sales.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree AND a minimum of two years related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong people and rapport building skills with a positive and personable demeanor.
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Superior listening skills and creative problem resolution skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and confident presentation skills.
- Solid computer skills with an in-depth knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of web based CRM systems.
- Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.
- Regularly slouching, bending, reaching, grabbing and sitting for the majority of the day.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to client locations.
- Ability to work independently.