People make a difference at Employers Council. Together, we partner with employers to grow exceptional, dynamic workplaces by offering a comprehensive and enhanced set of services provided by a knowledgeable, agile team of professionals. For over 80 years, our committed staff of employment law staff attorneys, human resources experts, organizational development and training professionals have worked at the top of their fields to provide the highest quality guidance to optimize and custom-fit solutions that help organizations create cultures that support a highly engaged workforce, leading to better business outcomes. Come be a part of making work better for our community by helping employers build exceptional workplaces.
Under minimal supervision, the Human Resource Consultant provides a trusted high quality consultative experience using human resource expertise, discretion, sound judgment, and an innovative approach. The Human Resource Consultant provides advice and problem resolution for human resources related issues of varying complexity, generating sustained growth in member satisfaction and retention, while promoting organizational relevance and profitability.
- Works proactively to build and maintain member relationships by meeting with members to determine member needs, goals and priorities; conducts specialized HR related research, formulates hypothesis and analyses to provide recommendations to inform member decision-making and connects members to relevant service areas and/or resources within Employers Council.
- Confers with representatives of member organizations to provide advice, guidance and recommendations regarding HR and employment matters; develop and deliver solution-oriented recommendations that not only comply with relevant employment law, but also support the creation of exceptional workplaces.
- Review, evaluate and provide recommendations to improve employee handbooks, job descriptions, and policies; analyze existing document content and develop recommendations that foster best practices and compliance, increase effectiveness and decrease risk for members; confer with members to educate, explain and clarify rationale for recommendations.
- Function as subject matter expert to create, modify, and deliver training courses on a variety of HR and/or professional development subjects; facilitate in-person and Virtual Instructor Led classes that promote professional development of participants and generate revenue.
- Maintain and advance professional knowledge by seeking out continuous development opportunities, performing research, attending classes, conferences, and webinars to enhance the support and resources provided to members.
- Author original blogs, articles, and resource materials for publication on Employers Council website, by conducting specific research on current HR topics, to inform and educate members on relevant HR practices and trends.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Experience in multiple human resources disciplines such as total rewards, staffing, employee relations, and performance management at a strategic level.
- Experience with multiple HR principles, functions, best practices, compliance, employment law and organizational development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (8 years of experience).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must live in one of the following states and be willing to travel to Denver, Colorado: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, or Wyoming.
- Excellent interpersonal, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, research skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with discretion and exercise independent judgement.
- Ability to take an innovative approach.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to train and facilitate groups.
- Ability to independently travel to engage members and perform on-site training including overnight stays.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, OneDrive), Adobe and Zoom.
Employers Council Benefits:
- A mix of PTO, Holiday schedule, Vacation/Sick days.
- 401k match and pension plan.
- Monthly office stipend for remote work.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
- Culture of Professional Development and Lifelong Learning.
- Flexibility and remote working options.
$65,000-$77,600 annually depending on education, skills, and experience
General office environment in Denver, Colorado with opportunities to work remotely. Please let the recruiter know if you have any questions about the hybrid nature of the environment. Potential for overnight travel. Travel to member locations at 10% or less. Potential for onsite delivery of training in industrial settings. Occasional lifting of materials 10-20 lbs. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. Qualified applicants are provided an equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job-related factors.