Join Our Team of Safety Professionals
Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor – Telecommunications/Fiber Optics (Contractor Safety) - Northeast Indiana territory
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, make the client’s needs priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will be working in a field construction environment providing the following services: Contractor Safety.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Site safety observations including documentation of findings
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Representing the Owner in progress meetings
• Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the owner
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations
• 5 years of relevant safety experience
• Degree in safety or related is preferred
• Possess an OSHA 510 or 500
• Possess a CHST, CSP, or ASP - preferred
• Must have a solid professional background in trenching and excavation, general construction, managing linear projects, and providing safety supervision over a large territory
Experience preferred in the following areas:
• Experience with contractor safety
• Knowledge of running telecommunication lines underground
• Possess good time management skills due to numerous locations needing support
Physical Demands of the job may include:
• Moving about long distances
• Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
• Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time
• Working in extreme weather
• Being exposed to loud noises
• Wearing personal protective gear correctly most of the day
Come join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.