We are seeking an experienced and compassionate Medical Director to join our team. Numinus is a specialized mental health organization with outpatient clinics located in Arizona. This best-in-class therapy-focused office will be aimed at addressing the growing mental health needs of our community.
About the Role
Responsible for the administration of behavioral health medical services, to ensure the appropriate and most cost-effective medical care is received. This position you will work with Clinic Managers to maintain an environment of performance, high standards of care, and accountability. Facilitate regular clinician meetings in conjunction with functional leaders to ensure clinicians are connected and engaged with regional clinical priorities and company strategic priorities. Provide consultation, operational and clinical oversight to clinicians on patient care issues, best practice guidelines and communicating inefficiencies to drive continuous improvements to standards of care. Utilize patient facing KPI metrics to measure and track performance of clinicians; influence and improve clinical operational efficiency.
- Support clinicians to ensure timely and consistent responses to members and providers.
- Provide guidance for clinical operational aspects of a program.
- Conduct peer-to-peer clinical reviews with providers to discuss review determinations, and patients' office visits with providers and external physicians.
- Serve as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company.
- May be required to represent the company to external entities and/or serve on internal and/or external committees.
- Leads, develops, directs and implements clinical and non-clinical activities that impact health care quality cost and outcomes.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for innovation to increase effectiveness and quality
- Board Certified Psychiatrist or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Must possess an active unrestricted medical license in the state of Arizona.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing health care is required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experience:
- Utilization Review experience preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team required.
Job Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance