The Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairs and maintenance at all Aspire facilities, which should be completed in a timely and accurate manner. Support the needs of the agency and general work requirements as assigned. Follow all safety procedures and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Complete Facility Tree work orders including, but not limited to plumbing, light carpentry, moving, assembling furniture, painting, and accurately document time and materials used.
- Plumbing- perform routine plumbing repairs such as: Clearing toilets and drain lines, and replacing toilets, worn out washers/ gaskets and or faucets and floats.
- Carpentry- perform routine carpentry repair such as: kitchen cabinets, window screens/glass, door locks, and plaster/drywall.
- Mechanical- perform routine mechanical repair such as: repair/diagnose all major appliances and other needed power tools.
- Other unskilled tasks such as: interior and exterior painting, floor tile, waste removal, tree/shrub trimming, debris removal and moving/delivering furniture etc.
- Inventory- identifying, cataloging, and procuring necessary materials used in maintenance operation.
- Perform preventative maintenance and general repairs of exterior and interior systems of Aspire buildings and residences, and accurately document time and materials used.
- Ensure interior and exterior areas of all properties are well maintained and report any problems.
- Assist in snow/ice removal (where applicable)
- Basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance
- Recognize when specialized knowledge is necessary and report to Facilities Manager.
- Assist other departments with moving furniture including unloading and storing supplies.
- Attend all mandatory employee staff meetings and company safety meetings/webinars.
- Understand and follow all safety protocols.
Reporting to this Position: None
Voted as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work for in Chicago!
We know that Together, We’re Better!
Aspire was founded in 1960 and is recognized as a leader in providing bold, pioneering, and uncompromising services to adults with developmental disabilities, their families and the community. In 2019, we joined forces with NorthPointe Resources to be one of the most recognized and respected disability service providers across the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake County (Illinois), and southeastern Wisconsin areas.
Full Time Benefits (regularly schedule to work more than 37 1/2 hours per week)
- Health Insurance
- Benefit Time (Vacation, Sick, Personal)
- 13 Holidays
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Insurances available
Aspire is an equal employment opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Lead Maintenance Tech
Required Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional Licensing/Certifications: None
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a professional and cordial manner with co-workers and residents
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) proficiency
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Basic appliance repair experience preferred
Aspire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities so that an applicant may complete the essential functions of a position. The essential functions of positions are outlined in a position’s job description. To request an accommodation or if you have a question regarding what the essential functions of a position are please contact the People Team at 708.236.0979.