The Production Supervisor will oversee the production line by producing a high-quality product in a safe and cost-effect way to achieve performance targets. The Production Supervisor's responsibilities also include supervising the work of hourly associates assigned on shift, creating and maintaining positive employee relations, ensuring a safe work environment. The Production Supervisor protects the safety, hygiene, and quality of the food, while meeting company quality standards. All while adhering to and supporting the organization's Vision, Mission, and Values
- Adheres to production schedules, assigning staff to ensure production orders are met for finished goods
- Minimizes waste and costs, ensuring conformance to safety and quality standards.
- Mentors and motivates associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Create a culture of safety and teamwork within the department
- Ensure a safe operation, complying with the corporate accident prevention program, and following safe work practices.
- Assist with required safety meetings with shift associates
- Directs requisitions for maintenance and repair of production equipment, and for machine parts and manufacturing supplies. Recommends improvements in machinery and equipment and in manufacturing methods.
- Ensures company standard practices and procedures are followed
- Maintains and reports production-related information regarding yields, efficiencies, and labor utilization to management and/or related tracking programs.
- Identifies the temporary staffing needs and arranges for the presence and assignment of temporary or regular labor prior to line start-up.
- Participates in weekly GMP, sanitation, and safety inspections throughout the production departments and corrects, or issues work orders to correct, any identified deficiencies. Follows up on work orders, with the appropriate employees to ensure expeditious performance of the requested work.
- Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems.
- Approving employees payroll time using the designated software
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed or directed by Production Manager, to support business objectives
Food Safety Responsibilities:
- Follow all GMP's, Food Defense and quality policies
- Ensures all GMP and all food hygiene and safety standards are in compliance
- Report all food safety incidents such as GMP violations, ingredient and product contamination, metal detector, screen or magnet deviancies', glass breakage, and pest harborage.
- Conducts audits of associates' Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), facility sanitation, preparation procedures, and quality documentation
- Provide immediate and long-term corrective action in the event of non-compliance to food defense and quality
- 3 yrs Production Supervision experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and have demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to interface with management, employees and business partners in a competent, and productive manner;
- Proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position, including repeated bending, stretching, twisting and lifting.
- Ability to set and prioritize goals.
- Food Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Worked in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience with Sage X3