This position serves as the Events Specialist for the Education & Events department. This Events Specialist will take the lead on several projects within the department and provide support for event planners and events.
This is a hybrid position which requires on-site presence 1-2 times per week.
Our company policy requires all new hires to submit proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on their start date. Our company adheres to all guidelines from government agencies, including the EEOC and respects religious or ADA exemptions/accommodations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the primary event contact person for identified education programs (virtual and/or in-person). Coordinate facility and meeting logistics, including but not limited to; meeting room selection, establishing count guarantees, meal and break selections, AV requirements, room set up preference, and sleeping room reservations. Consistently review program function sheets to ensure accuracy. Provide on-site management of events.
- Oversee the member and vendor registration process. Work within Cvent in response to assistance requests, payment processing, registration changes, and follow up, etc.
- Work as the lead in identifying desired program facilities. Negotiate and establish cost-effective, beneficial contracts with appropriate facilities for education sessions. Conduct site visits and inspections of potential meeting locations as necessary.
- Serve as speaker liaison, coordinating speaker contracts, travel, audiovisual needs, and presentation materials.
- Maintain professional relationships with hotel and facilities staff and act as an advocate for MCUL members.
- Support budgeting by providing facility cost updates and recommendations. Responsible for reviewing expenses and processing invoices, coordinating financial record keeping, and reconciling accounting event summary sheets. Work with the Senior Director of Events to implement cost-savings strategies.
- Ability to determine, recommend and implement appropriate strategies related to education programs, conferences, and marketing initiatives.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Michigan is necessary to effectively execute the responsibilities of this position. This position travels to approximately 4-6 weekend conferences and many one and two-day events around the state.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others and handle complex details and many diverse projects simultaneously.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong aptitude for detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with very little supervision in meeting deadlines.
- Bachelors’ degree in related field
- Experience in budgeting
- Knowledge of meeting planning, the hospitality industry and contract negotiations
- Above average skills with Microsoft Office programs.
- Cvent Event Management System skills preferred but not required.
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay:?We know your value and we’re not afraid to pay for it. We offer a competitive total compensation plan including salary, bonuses, and a 5% contribution to your 401k.
- Time Off:?Besides our competitive paid time off package, employees receive paid holidays and time off to volunteer.
- Benefits:?We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including all the necessities such as medical, dental, and vision. We even offer a virtual health option allowing you to video-chat with a medical professional as opposed to making your way to their office. Don’t need health insurance? An opt-out credit will be provided to you for waiving coverage.
- Opportunity: for you to make an impact on the people we serve!
Organized in 1934, the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) has a proud tradition of innovation and leadership among the nation's credit union trade associations. Through membership in the MCUL, Michigan credit unions receive important services such as legislative, regulatory and media advocacy; a stream of timely and vital news and information; access to key education and training programs; direct assistance with critical operational and planning issues; and a host of other products, services and programs designed exclusively to meet the unique individual and collective needs of credit unions.