Come be part of the long history of VAF!
From our humble beginnings as a distributor for the Thomas Edison Company in 1914, Van Ausdall & Farrar has grown to become the State's largest full-service business technology provider for healthcare, insurance, engineering &construction, state & local government, manufacturing & logistics, and real estate companies in Indiana and throughout the Midwest.
What can VAF offer you?
We feel it is important for our employees not only to feel a sense of belonging to our company but to the community we serve. We offer volunteer hours so you can give back to organizations you choose and group volunteer opportunities so you can serve alongside your colleagues.
Self-care is also valued. This can be done in many ways through the numerous benefits offered. To name just a few are 17-PTO days in your first year for work/life balance, fitness reimbursement, and an Employee Assistance Program that offers mental, physical, and financial health resources.
We also offer traditional medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, and 401-k with matching contributions.
This position is responsible for performing all administrative functions for the TSG Sales Team and its leadership.
What you will do
- Manages activities, training, events, travel, and other calendar items for Sales Team: management and representatives
- Schedules and coordinates Sales Team events, contests, lunches, and outings
- Records and reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual Sales activity to management
- Enters and maintains expenses and other financials regarding the TSG Sales Dept
- Handles supporting document creation/retrieval for Sales transactions
- Manages VAF sales events on-site; including set-up, tear down, and face-to-face interaction with clients and VAF employees during event
- Assists HR and Sales management with onboarding new Sales employees
- Maintain Sales rewards and incentives for distribution
- Maintains contact with network and product vendors
- Completes orders of marketing materials and company collateral
- Administrative support to the VP/GM/Sales Manager/Sales Team
- Provide Notary Services
- Special Sales-related Projects
- Other duties as assigned
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Advanced editing skills
· High level of attention to detail
· Advanced and adaptable communications skills; able to effectively relate to all levels of management and clientele
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Ability to schedule, plan, and manage expenses
· Able to generate reports and records for analysis by management
Required Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and/or administrative/marketing work experience, or a combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Executive, C-Suite Level, administrative support.
The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- This position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others on a daily basis.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment.
- Requires some after-hours.
- Requires occasional travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Frequency Key: Never – 0 hours; Rare – up to 1 hour; Occasional – 1-3 hours; Frequent – 3-6 hours; Constant – 6-8 hours.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Typical office hours for work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the majority of this time and some occasional after-hours and weekend events.
VanAusdall is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Company policy is to offer equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy is applicable to recruitment, hiring, rates of pay, job assignments, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
VanAusdall complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA). As such, VanAusdall will make reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental disabilities of a qualified and disabled applicant or employee, unless the accommodation would cause an undue hardship on the operations of the company. Because the need for accommodation is often not apparent, it is the responsibility of the employee to request an accommodation. Requests should be made to the Human Resources Department. The individual should identify what accommodation he or she believes is needed in order to perform the essential functions of the job. Employees may be asked to provide medical evidence to support the need for the requested accommodation. Please contact the Human Resource Department with any questions or requests for accommodation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Indianapolis, IN 46250: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location