Come be part of the long history of VAF!
From our humble beginnings as a distributor for the Thomas Edison Company in 1914, Van Ausdall & Farrar has grown to become the State's largest full-service business technology provider for healthcare, insurance, engineering & construction, state & local government, manufacturing & logistics, and real estate companies in Indiana and throughout the Midwest.
What can VAF offer you?
We feel it is important for our employees not only to feel a sense of belonging to our company but to the community we serve. We offer volunteer hours so you can give back to organizations you choose and group volunteer opportunities so you can serve alongside your colleagues.
Self-care is also valued. This can be done in many ways through the numerous benefits offered. To name just a few are 17-PTO days in your first year for work/life balance, fitness reimbursement, and an Employee Assistance Program that offers mental, physical, and financial health resources.
We also offer traditional medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, and 401-k with matching contributions.
This individual is responsible for prospecting new sales opportunities and building relationships with existing customers for the company's products and services in the SMB (Small, Medium Business) space.
- Achieve the sale of office technology equipment and offer other VAF solutions/products/services to potential, new, and existing customers.
- Complete cold calls, face-to-face appointments, and proposals weekly with potential and existing customers.
- Effectively manage, sell and provide excellent customer service to multiple accounts simultaneously.
- Build and develop customer relationships and develop business opportunities.
- Customer communication, print production, information technology, and business needs; develop, present, and sell solutions that support these needs.
- Determining customer pain points as it relates to the management of their technology, equipment, and services.
- Develop a minimum of new size and small business accounts each month.
- Maintain knowledge of products and service options that a customer could use and generate product and service solutions
- Establish relationships with VAF team members to collaborate, cross-sell, and optimize the customers' experience by meeting VAF time and requirement service delivery needs.
- Apply interviewing techniques to gather customer requirements to propose the best product and service solution.
- Use networking, phone calls, referrals, and emails to develop new relationships and generate appointments.
- Author and deliver comprehensive, professional, proposals with strong value propositions.
- Build and manage a pipeline of opportunities designed to exceed the assigned quota.
- Capture and track efforts and customer data within the designated Client Relationship Management tool(s).
- Training and ongoing certification opportunities.
- Support VAF Operations through internal business requirements, installation processes, and customer training.
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
- 1-2 years of business-to-business sales experience
- Possesses a highly driven mentality, is organized, and is self-motivated
- Advanced skills in human interaction through ease and negotiation
- Knowledge of copiers/printers, competitive offerings, product portfolio, and industry trends and use of appropriate language to communicate to different levels of technically competent customers and coworkers
- Ability to manage time, balancing meetings, administrative duties, and corporate duties
- Able to be a competitor and a positive team member at the same time
- Excellent at optimizing opportunities during change
- Acquires information as a self-directed learner
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Experience in selling solutions to commercial customers
- Experience in forecasting, creating business plans, prospecting, and managing vendor field relationships
- Demonstrated achievement of targeted sales results and customer satisfaction
- A valid driver's license
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- This position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others on a daily basis.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment.
- It's 50% local travel.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Wayne, IN 46808: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
- B2B sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Required)
Work Location: One location