Why Block Imaging?
When the unexpected happens: an injury, an illness, an accident, the healthcare professionals that diagnose and treat these issues need tools they can rely on. That’s where Block Imaging comes in. If you’re looking to join a team that not only provides a positive work environment, but also creates a real-world impact, the Block Imaging team is worth your consideration.
We are a Michigan-based company that buys, sells, and refurbishes medical imaging systems worldwide. Our inventory management team consists of Inventory Coordinators that have a variety of responsibilities that cross a primary and secondary focus. Each individual's focus will be dependent on the unique talents and skills and depending on capacity of the organization's needs. During the application and interview process, we will determine which focus best fits you and your unique set of skills!
The following is a brief explanation of the different focus areas our Inventory Coordinators may participate in:
Inventory Coordinator – Inbound
Supporting all aspects of our incoming shipments. Includes receiving and unpacking boxes, identifying, labeling, and stocking parts on our shelves and within our CRM. Will also assisting in the delivery, and expedition process of orders.
Inventory Coordinator - Outbound
Supporting all aspects of shipping, including selecting parts from inventory, packaging, labeling, and assisting in the delivery, and expedition process of orders.
Inventory Coordinator – Parts Disassembly
Support the production of our parts inventory through disassembling equipment utilizing hand tools. Will also bar code and move parts into our physical inventory.
Inventory Coordinator - Equipment
Supporting all aspects of shipping and receiving equipment, identifying, labeling, stocking, as well as assisting in the delivery, and expedition process of orders. Will also build crates for shipping large medical equipment.
Benefits and Perks
We live out our mission, People Matter, through the care and benefits we provide our team.
Health, Vision, Dental & More: Competitive insurance coverage including - medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Paid Time Off: Full-time team members start at 16 days of PTO and receive two “people matter” days for volunteering in your community.
Profit Sharing: Quarterly bonuses to team members based on meeting company profitability goals.
Investment Plan/Budgeting: 401(k) investment planning with a variety of options for deferrals and a generous company match. And financial planning tools and training.
Tuition Assistance: Split the cost of qualified tuition expenses up to 50% up to $1,000 starting at 90 days and increasing to $2,500 after two years.
Paid Parental Leave: Up to three weeks of paid parental leave following a qualified Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) qualified and approved leave.
Environment: Casual dress, BBQs, holiday parties, book clubs, lunch-and-learns, and many more community-driven opportunities to bond as a team and grow as an individual
- Ability to set and meet goals, meet deadlines, and organize work to be completed in a timely manner
- Mechanical aptitude and desire to solve problems using initiative and critical thinking skills
- Capable of building positive working relationships with team members, customers and vendors
- Solution-oriented professional who treats others with dignity and respect
- Team player who will foster communication among teams and share success
- Hold self to a high standard while ensuring projects are completed on time
- Experience in delivering and demanding a high level of customer service
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including listening
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, keyboarding, and internet research
- Comply with Key Performance Indicators
- Review of the data base for current and accurate data
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of compliance with safety procedures and regulations
- Assessment of the technical knowledge and ability to identify equipment & parts ? Review of the facility for cleanliness
- Feedback from management, co-workers, customers and vendors
- Review of Performance Evaluation
Education: A bachelor’s degree in business administration or supply chain management is preferred, but not required.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Computer: Software and hardware
- Database entry and management
- Communication, especially listening and speaking
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Self- starter who is able to fill “down time” in productive ways
- Submit to and successfully complete a MVR and a criminal background check
- As needed; operate a company vehicle, must be 21 or older to drive company vehicle, must submit to and successfully complete requirements of Block’s Company Vehicle Policy.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of safe driving history
Minimum Physical Expectations: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources.
- Physical activity that requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work and filing.
- Physical activity that requires travel, and flexibility of schedule.
- Physical activity that requires often bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling and/or twisting.
- Physical activity that sometimes involves pushing and/or pulling over 25 lbs. but not more than 75 lbs.
- Physical activity that sometimes involves lifting over 25 lbs. but not more than 75 lbs.
- Job may include occasional driving of rental trucks or fleet vehicles.
- Submit to and pass a medical exam required under Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations and a written examination if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles.
- Drivers must comply with on-the-job driver’s safety training if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles.
Physical activity that sometimes requires exposure to loud noises that do not require ear plugs.
Physical activity that often requires exposure to machinery.
Physical activity that sometimes requires exposure to hazardous materials.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.