- Salaried, non-exempt
- Eligible for Sign-On/Relocation Bonus (subject to payback clause)
- Psychiatrist - New hires can expect to be placed on our starting wage scale of $230,700 to $288,400 per year
- Psychiatrist - Based on performance, there is room to grow on our full wage scale of $230,700 to $346,100 per year
- Psychiatric NP - New hires can expect to be placed on our starting wage scale of $124,200 to $155,300 per year
- Psychiatric NP - Based on performance, there is room to grow on our full wage scale of $124,200 to $186,300 per year
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Who We Are
Unity Care NW is a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Whatcom County area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham & Ferndale, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health and dental care, as well as pharmacy services to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing almost 300 caring and compassionate employees, our mission is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
What We Value
We have an inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate our Values in Action in all that we do. We value each individual on our team and aim to onboard a diverse workforce of the very best talent, whose ambitions and values align with ours.
We believe mental & emotional health is an important part of overall health and wellness. Our behavioral health providers work closely with patients and their Primary Care Providers to help them meet their health care goals. As a Psychiatrist or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner at UCNW, you would work full-time or part-time to provide comprehensive psychiatric care to patients in a community health center setting working with a multi-disciplinary team to effectively educate, provide consultation to, and support primary care providers, behavioral health professionals, support staff and other collaborative partners with diagnoses, medication management, and treatment plans. You would provide general psychiatric care to adults plus a small population of adolescents, and you may provide Medication-Assisted Treatment under our Substance Use Disorder program. Work would primarily be at our Bellingham, WA, Behavioral Health clinic but may also be at our North Whatcom Health Clinic in Ferndale, WA, a mere 10 miles away.
What We Offer
- A salaried position in a collegial work environment without the overhead and cost of running your own private practice
- Outpatient only with no hospital rounding or call.
- Support staff including Psych RN, Medical Assistant, counselors, substance use disorder professional, case managers & an on-site pharmacy
Generous Benefits Including:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer match
- 6 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (160 hours first year, increasing thereafter)
- Other paid leaves including: Bereavement, Jury Duty, Bone Marrow & Organ Transplant & Severe Weather Pay
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Optional insurances including: Supplementary Life/AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Travel & Identity Theft Protection
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Transportation Incentives
- Health Living reimbursements
- Medical Hardship payroll loans, Employee Referral Bonuses, Will preparation services & gym discounts
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Sabbatical Leave accrual
- Reimbursement of DEA & board certification renewal fees
- Continuing Education (days & funds) and reimbursement of state license, DEA & board certification fees
- Employment that counts towards eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness – details can be viewed at Federal Student Aid
- Eligible providers may apply for loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps, Washington Student Achievement Council &/or Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program.
- Physician who graduated from an approved school of medicine as a DO or MD, completed a Psychiatric residency, is in good standing with their state's board of licensing, and is board certified in Psychiatry or Nurse Practitioner who graduated from an approved program, is in good standing with their state's board of licensing, and has a certification in Psychiatry through the AANP or ANCC
- At least two years’ experience providing psychiatric care to adults, preferably at a community health center or community mental health clinic or similar setting that includes underserved populations.
- Experience working with adolescents
- Completion of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) training, including training on the use of Buprenorphine & Vivitrol, or be willing to take this training
- Experience with substance use disorders and Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Current DEA certificate with an "X Waiver," or willingness to obtain this waiver, to treat opioid dependency with approved buprenorphine products
- Experience with Medicaid patients and related insurance knowledge
- Ability to understand and respond effectively and with sensitivity to special population groups, including those defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, gender, sexual orientation, economic standing, & others
- Proficient with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
Candidates with applicable experience or similar qualifications are encouraged to apply!
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham is home to 80,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer:
- Recreational & Outdoor Activities (Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snow Boarding, Fishing, Sailing, Kayaking, & Camping)
- Excellent Schools (University, Community College, Technical School, & Outstanding K-12 Educational System)
- Small Town or City Living (Unique Shops, Local Festivals, Farmers Markets, Berry Picking, & Community Events)
- Cultural Activities (Theater, Music, Independent Films, Museums, Art Studios, & Diverse Local Restaurants)
If you are passionate about helping everyone have the opportunity to live their healthiest life, please visit our Careers Page to apply at Bellingham Job Openings | Community Healthcare Jobs (unitycarenw.org) or contact Vicki Curtis, Provider Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-788-2661. For news on our organization & future job postings, please follow us on LinkedIn at https://bit.ly/363mfhv!
Unity Care NW has an Employee Health Program for the safety of our patients and staff. The program requires all employees to receive annual flu immunizations. UCNW also requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a vital public health measure that has truly been life-saving. We are proud of the leadership role we have played in protecting our community from this devastating virus. Following CDC and state guidelines, we have granted a very limited number of exemptions for employees who qualify.