The Technical Services Assistant will provide support to the Technical Service and Engineering team. The role provides coordination and execution of MoboTrex’s service activities including technical call center dispatch support, scheduling field service, and contract maintenance. The Technical Services Assistant will be technically competent, be efficient, and accurate and will provide customer support in overall collaboration with the Technical Services and Engineering Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists Customer Call Support Center through dispatching, tracking and scheduling of calls, and fielding general inquiries. May provide support and backup for other areas of the business as needed
2. Creates and dispatches work orders as required for scheduling of planned maintenance and service
3. Documents service related information through time tracking audits and other various functions of field technicians and engineering services
4. Complies with company safety policy for check-in/check-out process and advises supervisors of any missing/late time entries
5. Learn and assist with the administration of various departmental tools including engineering process monitoring, part number creation documentation, standardized document retention, and departmental metrics
6. Perform administrative support services such as compiling bid submittals, printing and compiling various engineering and production documents
7. Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An interest in advancing to the next technical level of Quality Control, Completion Tester, Field Service Tech, which may also require the ability to travel.
Education and/or Experience:
• Diploma and/or certificate in Electronics, Business Administration or IT preferred
• Experience in a technical, IT or industrial product business or related office experience preferred
• Dispatch and customer service training is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. ITS experience and organizational systems awareness, or some level of technical aptitude preferred
2. Exceptional telephone and personal customer service skills
3. Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word skills
4. Solid organizational skills with the ability to produce error free work, without compromising focus of other objectives
5. Excellent attention to detail
6. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
7. Strong flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and direction in a dynamic work environment
8. Shows initiative – regularly engages in proactive behavior and looks for opportunities
9. Strong ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for customers and team members
Additional Performance Criteria:
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee should also be able to navigate construction sites. The employee must occasionally lift up to 35-45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and ability to adjust focus.