GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
At Cooperative Systems our financial success is fueled by the accuracy of our facts and figures. That’s why we are proud to staff some of the most skilled financial experts in the industry. Our ideal candidate has a natural passion for math and eagerness to learn more about bookkeeping, tax preparedness and budgeting. The thriving accounting admin will update and maintain financial records, reconcile bank statements, process payroll, and manage our accounting database.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine accounting duties, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections while adhering to established accounting standards
- Perform monthly billing & project billing activities out of our main business application
- Perform Purchasing & Procurement Duties, including receiving and organization & tracking of inventories on hand
- Responsible for all payroll processes including providing information and answering employee questions about payroll related matters, reviewing timesheets, calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions. Coordinating with the HR Manager to ensure correct employee data.
- Assist in year-end requests such as tax filings and audits
- Participate in month-end close activities, reconciliation of accounts, sales tax computations, and other accounting duties in a timely manner
- Participate in monthly Budget and Forecast Reporting
- Assist Account Managers with quoting and part number lookups
- Ongoing process for identifying changes to “norm” in financials each month
- Ongoing process for Auditing vendor invoices against customer invoiced amounts, to ensure they tie out
- Provide ideas/insights as to new processes & procedures that could benefit the Company or Customer
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of basic financial, tax, and accounting principles
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office Products
- Strong Numerical Aptitude
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Degree in business administration, finance, or accounting preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in a Payroll / Accounting Position
- Certified Bookkeeper Certification