General Description: Monitors the overall conduct and behavior of the residents in HBCAC, assists in meeting the basic needs of the residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Represent MCCH in the community, in accordance with the agency’s mission and vision.
· Ensures that residents are safe and secure from internal and external elements.
· Ensures that residents have all their basic supplies and needs such as toiletries, laundry detergent, etc.
· Supervises housekeeping chores done by residents to ensure cleanliness and safety of the house.
· Registers new residents into the facility
· Provides a “listening” ear for residents.
· Maintain an attitude of respect for residents of the winter shelter.
· Maintains accurate record-keeping through the documentation of all important and relevant incidences and briefs next staff at shift change.
· Monitors the conduct and behavior of residents, reporting any unusual and critical incidents to Case Aide Supervisor, Operations Manager and Program Director.
· Provides emergency intervention in response to hostile situations and crisis.
· Monitors medication of residents
· Support winter shelter program operations.
· Provides transportation services for residents in situations where the case manager is unavailable.
· Attends and participates in the monthly staff meeting and mandatory trainings.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· High school graduate or GED.
· Minimum 6 to 12 months related experience. Will consider combination of qualifications equal to educational and work experience.
· Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
· Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
· Strong problem-solving skills in dealing with client disputes as well as medical and behavioral challenges.
· Knowledge and experience in administering CPR and minor first aid.
· Good driving record preferred.
· Their own vehicle.
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
· Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
· Must be able to commit to a minimum of two shifts per week and arrive promptly for your shift.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Organized, reliable, motivated and able to engage challenging clients.