People make a difference at Employers Council. Together, we partner with employers to grow exceptional, dynamic workplaces by offering a comprehensive and enhanced set of services provided by a knowledgeable, agile team of professionals. For over 80 years, our committed staff of employment law staff attorneys, human resources experts, organizational development and training professionals have worked at the top of their fields to provide the highest quality guidance to optimize and custom-fit solutions that help organizations create cultures that support a highly engaged workforce, leading to better business outcomes. Come be a part of making work better for our community by helping employers build exceptional workplaces.
Employers Council is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Legal Services team. The Administrative Assistant will provide a full range of secretarial, clerical and administrative support to our legal staff. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment, professional growth and development opportunities.
Location: Mostly remote with some in-office work in Denver
Reports to: Director of Legal Services
Date Prepared: February 22, 2022
- Assists attorneys with administrative tasks including but not limited to, answering phones, mailing and arranging for document delivery, managing calendars, tracking deadlines, reserving conference and training rooms, booking travel, and stocking office supplies.
- Prepares and proofreads legal correspondence, reports, and documents for accuracy.
- Prepares and maintains attorney/staff files, case files, member files, office files and resource materials in accordance with recognized procedures and standards.
- Assists members with Employers Council services, member inquiries, updating member information, training schedules.
- Assists attorneys with research and special projects and completing ongoing regular projects.
- Processes information and reports utilizing Employers Council client management systems, and maintaining and updating project databases and tracking systems.
- Coordinates events and training sessions to include securing locations, orders required materials, prepares flyers and marketing materials, confirms with speakers, coordinates with vendors, assists attorneys with preparation of materials.
- Proctors web-based training sessions for Employers Council staff.
- Performs receptionist responsibilities when receptionist is unavailable including directing member inquiries, assisting visitors, and assuming all other duties of front-desk receptionist.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty competently and in an efficient manner. The individual must demonstrate initiative, sound judgment and decision-making skills, and problem-solving abilities in what can be a fast-paced environment. Requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position.
Knowledge of fundamental administrative and clerical procedures, including but not limited to maintaining files, operating phone systems and general office equipment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Proficient with Zoom and similar virtual meeting applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to master an array of skills associated with administrative duties.
- Must gain sufficient knowledge of Employers Council structure, policies, and personnel to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate follow through on projects and attorney, member, or staff requests.
- High school diploma (or equivalent), post-secondary education preferred.
- Work-related experience in an office environment, preferably at least three years.
- Experience in legal services is not required
- Capacity to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to solve practical problems associated with relevant departments and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
Employers Council offers a robust Benefits Plan to include:
- A generous mix of PTO, Holiday schedule, Vacation/Sick days, and encourages a strong work/life balance!
- Unrivaled 401k match and pension plan.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
- Monthly office stipend and company issued equipment.
- Culture of Professional Development and Lifelong Learning.
- Flexibility and remote working options.
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The position will report to the Director of Legal Services.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 and over), disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. Qualified applicants are provided an equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job-related factors.