This position can be located in any one of our four facilities: Davenport, IA; Chicago IL; Richmond, VA or Austin, TX
The Traffic Engineer assists the sales team in defining complex traffic system projects, writing proposals and educating customers. The Traffic Engineer will lead complex implementation projects after the sale. The Traffic Engineer is assigned the highest value, riskiest or most challenging projects involving traffic engineering skills and is expected to drive profitability and minimize risk. The Traffic Engineer is expected to be an expert on the most complex traffic management products in the Company’s portfolio and to share the knowledge such that it develops Company stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. With the sales team, engage agencies, consultants, contractors and key suppliers to help define solutions to traffic and mobility problems.
2. Lead or help respond to RFP’s, bid lettings, estimates and preliminary budget proposals.
3. Prepare traffic signal coordination plans and help install them in the field.
4. Generate complete project plans for engagements won. Define scope, cost and schedule to maximize MoboTrex’s profitability and to ensure repeat customers. Use PM tools and apply traffic knowledge to clearly distinguish MoboTrex from its industry peers.
5. Use or maintain awareness of industry standard traffic engineering software.
6. Help define and evangelize MoboTrex’s role in the future of Smart Cities, Connected Infrastructure and Connected Vehicles.
7. Support the Company growth efforts by providing technical and business development leadership.
8. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors or higher degree in engineering from an accredited university required. Civil Engineering with a traffic track is preferred. Successful 5+ year traffic industry experience with specific traffic signal experience required. Experience with Siemens’ traffic management products preferred. PE and PTOE licenses are desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proven traffic engineering skills
2. Must have prior experience managing large, complex traffic infrastructure projects
3. Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
4. Must be detail oriented, a good communicator, self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task.
5. Must have ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
6. Possess a valid Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record
7. Ability to responsibly maintain all company issued property
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Must be able to verbally communicate clearly (regularly talk and hear), read at a distance and close to eyes with or without correction. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. in primarily office environment. Up to 50% overnight travel is required. Must be able to drive.
We are looking for someone who has a strong combination of people, verbal and technical skills which will enable the candidate to answer technical questions, communicate, and interact with a variety of people and departments. We are a growing company that needs employees who strive for excellence and understand that our ability to assist our customers, both internal and external, is a cornerstone to our continued growth and development. MoboTrex offers competitive pay, a full benefits package, and an enjoyable work environment