The Machine Operator Overhead Router is responsible for operating routing machines, table saws and you are required to read a tape measure. This position does require you to work independently to prep parts for the frames and door construction department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies work orders selecting correct program for machining parts.
- Assures proper materials are being used according to production requirements and the material being used meets quality standards.
- Uses measuring tools to verify machine accuracy and calibration, and records on audit sheets.
- Labels, sorts, or stacks machined parts for next step in the manufacturing process.
- Performs daily and weekly maintenance and informs Manager or leadperson of any deficiencies.
- Operates equipment at maximum capacity safely.
- Participates and contributes to a Work Team environment and follows Quality Control checks.
- Follows all Safety Rules and contributes to a safe work environment.
Grade Level: 6
- Able to read a tape measure in both standard and metric units
- Able to read shop prints in standard and metric units
- Able to read measuring tools in standard and metric units
- Able to troubleshoot common quality and machining problems