The Resident Assistant at Pine Haven Christian Home provides daily care and assistance to residents in an assisted living facility. We have Full and Part time availability, AM, PM, NOC shifts available at both of our Sheboygan Falls locations as well as our Oostburg location.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Address Resident needs with respect and attention to safety
- Engage with residents in a manner that promotes their independence and maintains their dignity
- Provide emotional support and encouragement to perform necessary tasks
- Follow established care plans to assist residents with personal care and daily living activities
- Actively engage residents through conversation and companionship
- Encourage socialization and participation in activities
- Provide mobility assistance when required
- Transport or escort residents to meals and activities
- Document care provided
- Report any observed changes in a resident’s needs and/or condition immediately to a license nurse or manager as appropriate
- Follow infection control and universal precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary environment is always maintained
- Attend and participate in required training, conducted at time of hire and/or annually, that will include training designed to assure resident safety: i.e. fire safety, missing resident, evacuations, disaster response, etc.
Requirements and qualifications
- Maintain good attendance, including timely arrival
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Support positive working relationships with fellow team members
- Interreact, communicate, and collaborate effectively with others
- Attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills required
- Must comply with Pine Haven’s policies
- Understands, supports, and is committed to Pine Haven’s Mission, Vision and Values