The Dispatch Planner will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely driver planning required by regulation or company program including but not limited to related to Customer Orders, Driver Management System, etc. They will be tasked with performing routine administrative functions as directed by the Transportation Manager as well as the Operations Manager. In addition, they will work closely with Dispatchers and Drivers in coordinating so that the customer’s expectations are met. The Dispatch Planner will be responsible for other duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills and ability to multitask. This role calls for a high degree of professionalism and requires that the employee maintain strict confidentiality as it relates to customer information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Scheduling of drivers and equipment to meet customer needs. Communicate with drivers and contractors about next day load planning.
- Handles customer orders and records customer requirements on each call or email. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates and coordinates with drivers and intercompany departments via email or phone.
- Is team-oriented and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
- Coordinate equipment needs per loading requirements.
- Verifies order is correct and back-up documentation is provided as needed.
- Brings energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude to the job.
- Has effective organizational skills. Keeps files and work area organized.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality critical to the operation.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- TMW or Truckmate Experience is Highly preferred
- Experience with Live Dispatch is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of DOT standards
- Experience in transportation industry/ dispatch