SUPERVISOR TITLE: President and CEO
FLSA STATUS: Full Time Exempt
The Executive Assistant administratively supports the CEO (70% time) and Executive Team (30% time) This position serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors, providing support to all Board committees. Additional responsibilities include general office management, project facilitation and event coordination.
- Serves as gatekeeper and manages schedule of the President/CEO, including calendar, meeting preparation, travel, and conference arrangements
- Tracks, processes, and maintains CEO expenditures, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Coordinates Board meetings and provides support and assistance to the Board and Board committees; coordinates board orientation and board communications; coordinates timely receipt and distribution of Board meeting materials; and updates and maintains Board Portal with key organizational information
- Maintains board and executive administration reference materials, managing hard files and electronic information in private and public executive drives
- Provides project support as needed
- Manages lobby entrance, work room and all common spaces, ensuring they are well-organized and clean
- Manages common and building meeting calendars.
- Orders and maintains office supply inventories using contracted vendors.
- Manages office equipment for AYS administration; tracks and maintains building service calls, supplies replenishment, and postage meter machine
- Oversees shred, file storage and shred program
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Serve as a positive and guiding force that supports AYS’s mission, vision and values
- Supports strategic planning process and reporting.
- Prepares and edits communications/presentations with professionalism and resourcefulness.
- Ensures/maintains strict confidentiality standards.
- Manages internal office moves and space coordination
- Oversees video/conference call and security systems; works with IT, HR, and outside vendors to coordinate any necessary training and system updates.
- Follows all AYS policies and procedures as directed in the Employee Manual and the Program Manual
- Coordinates all staff and employee recognition events.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engagement/Communication – Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone; communicates clearly, accurately, and respectfully verbally and in writing; seeks and responds to feedback from internal and external stakeholders to improve service and communication
- Collaboration – Cooperates and works together with all stakeholders plans and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgement. Supports cross-training and shares learning with others
- Adaptability – Willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities; open to change and variety within the workplace
- Technical – Proficiency in using computers and related software; experience with Microsoft Office and additional programs and systems
- Critical Thinking – Ability to think about and discuss complex issues, solution oriented
- Professionalism – Exhibits effective skills in priority management, professionalism, and empathy; completes work with accuracy and a high attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to make decisions without supervision
- Ability to make sound decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Five years of experience as Executive Assistant (or related) preferred
- Experience working with Board of Directors preferred
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Occasionally visit administrative office to pick up materials, turn in documents, meet with staff, etc.
- Ability to move quickly to intervene in dangerous situations
- May have to move supplies or equipment up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Requires reliable personal transportation