The Marketing Manager supports overarching integrated brand communications strategies and advertising planning; leads organizational work to meet external advertising and copy deadlines; email marketing automation strategies developed with outside interactive agency; co-leads the museum’s social media marketing efforts. This position is vital to the ongoing administration of marketing initiatives, and serves as an interdepartmental liaison that is responsible for bringing teams together, maintaining project momentum, and driving initiatives to successful outcomes. The Marketing Manager effectively oversees multiple projects and is able to quickly problem solve and marshal resources when needed. Represents Stepping Stones as a highly respected educational resource and effectively shares the vision, mission and strategies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains an eye for creative development, and cultivates it through all marketing and communication materials. Stays open to new ideas while maintaining standards and practices as a trusted guardian of the brand.
- Under the supervision of the VP, Integrated Brand Communications assists in planning and executing a wide variety of collateral to support a breadth of initiatives at the museum including but not limited to; brochures, flyers, print signage, and digital signage.
- Assists in designing, creating, and delivering engaging advertising collateral and eblasts; reporting on eblast performance and list management
- Helps develop, post, and assist with scheduling content on a variety of social media channels.
Dependability and Accountability
- Provides ongoing maintenance reports and administrative activities; assists with managing and reconciling the marketing budget, assists with creating and managing marketing media plans.
- Assists in maintaining the museum’s graphics library, updates and organizes proprietary photographic images and related descriptions.
- Assists the VP, Integrated Brand Communications in the development and implementation of graphics and standards manual that will ensure proper brand articulation.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Understands assigned outcomes, oversees team progress toward project goals and provides proactive direction verbally and in writing to keep projects on track.
- Builds a solid rapport with the marketing team and other internal departments including the ELLI Schools, proactively providing assistance on behalf of the marketing department where opportunity is identified.
- Acts as an Ambassador and actively shares information within area communities to raise awareness of the museum and to drive visitation.
- Applies innovative thinking and approach to find new ways to engage and communicate with visitors, members and donors to help maintain and grow their relationships with the museum
- Degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field; 1-2 years of entry level marketing or advertising agency experience and/or 1-2 years intern experience; non-profit background a plus.
- Demonstrated project management experience; self-directed, resourceful, takes initiative and performs well independently
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat, etc.
- Ability to work within a multiple management reporting structure
- Copywriting and proofreading skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to take and edit photos as well as video at scheduled events and at a moment’s notice.
- Must be able to work in a highly energetic, fast-paced, creative environment with tight deadlines; flexible with last-minute changes
- Excellent verbal skills; bilingual a plus.
- Creative problem-solving skills; proven ability to recommend and implement process improvements and new initiatives.
- Willing and able to work non-traditional hours beyond a typical 9-to-5 schedule; work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Sensitive to diversity including individuals with physical challenges or special needs.
- Strong Computer skills including Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, Sprout Social, Air Table, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, photo and video editing software; proven ability to learn new systems/software. Experience with any of the following programs a plus, but not required; Altru, Outlook.