Title: Payroll Manager
Location: Peoria, IL
The mission of Natural Fiber Welding, Inc. (“NFW” or the “Company”) is to invent and manufacture shockingly sustainable materials from plants. Beginning with inherently circular, natural ingredients, NFW is making a material-rich, plastic-free future possible.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, NFW, the Payroll Manager will oversee all aspects of payroll for the Company.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organization, prioritization, and communication skills. A strong attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines consistently and to work well under pressure is a must. The successful candidate will help create and setup processes that maintain and/or improve the daily operations within the Payroll/Accounting/Finance Department.
- Handle daily payroll operations ensuring accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly and monthly payrolls in a high-growth, fast-paced organization
- Review and approve bi-weekly and monthly payroll for completeness and accuracy, including time reported by non-exempt employees
- Prepare special payroll tax calculations and withholdings, including garnishments
- Act as point of escalation and work to identify, track, document, and resolve errors, issues and risks proactively with timely further escalation of unresolved items to senior management
- Ensure adherence and maintenance of corporate policies, procedures, and controls
- Drive process standardization, automation, and continuous process improvement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Assists with year-end audit, including providing key schedules and documents to external auditors
- Maintain key documents (i.e. payroll schedules) and ensure data is transferred to key systems (including Paylocity)
- Complete month-end close including preparation of payroll journal entries and reconciliation of payroll-related balance sheet accounts.
- Coordinate with HR and Operations to effectively execute our boots, glasses, and uniform reimbursement programs.
- Project lead for payroll-related ad hoc projects, including continuous development of processes that are scalable and support the company's growth
- Must have the highest level of integrity, including the proper handling of confidential information
- Minimum six (6) years of progressive payroll and accounting experience, including the preparation of journal entries
- Motivated and able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Tolerate and embrace ambiguity and change in a rapidly growing company
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail and
- Ability to deal with high volume transactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Education: BS or BA in Accounting or Business preferred and/or equivalent experience
- Experience with Paylocity and/or GSS a plus
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and Word
- Attention to detail and focus on accuracy is a must
- CPP certification desirable
- Experience in a rapidly growing and changing company
- Established track record of process improvement
- Extensive knowledge in Payroll & Accounting procedures and Payroll Tax Laws & Regulations (particularly with an emphasis on Illinois)
NFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See https://www.naturalfiberwelding.com/people for more information about the Company and its culture