Trowbridge Wolf Michaels, a Fisher Associates Landscape Architecture Studio, is currently seeking a full-time licensed Landscape Architect I to join our team in either our Ithaca, Rochester or Buffalo, NY office. This position is responsible for exercising independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and use of standard techniques
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Demonstrates ability to formulate an original concept, direct staff through design, interact and solve problems with clients and/or related design professionals.
- Conducts meetings with architectural and A/E teams, clients and public forums.
- Provides coordination of project team to execute design, production, and construction of small and mid-size projects.
- Responsible for project fee, budgets, and production scheduling.
- Must be knowledgeable of building codes, building materials, and construction techniques.
- Works around constraining factors such as municipal planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
- Has experience and knowledge of applicable regulations and processing through local agencies.
- Prepares materials for planning approvals/permits as appropriate and interacts positively with governmental building, planning and legal departments. May present at regulatory review meetings.
- Participates in construction administration, typically under the direction/guidance of an experienced colleague.
- Travels regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
- Writes and presents reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
- Supports marketing and business development effort of the firm.
- All responsibilities of Designer II, and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Licensed/Registered Landscape Architect
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Landscape Architecture
- 3-7 years relevant experience
- Experienced in AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated ability and desire to lead others through the design and construction documentation and construction administration processes
- Civil 3D, Sketch-up, Rhino, Lumion and/or MicroStation experience is a plus
- Experience with building codes, materials, and construction techniques
- Able to plan, organize, and implement projects with consistently successful results.
- Quickly and easily adapts to workflow or project changes.
- Manages multiple tasks very well.
- Receptive to the ideas and concepts of others.
- Provides and responds to feedback positively.
Fisher Associates Overview:
Fisher Associates, P.E., L.S., L.A., D.P.C. is a consulting engineering and professional services firm serving the Transportation, Land Development and Energy market sectors. Our comprehensive services include landscape architecture, planning, engineering, environmental, survey, GIS and construction representation.
Fisher Associates continues to consistently meet the demands of our state, municipal, and private industry clients across the country. Our Clientship Philosophy ™ means responsiveness and accountability. We think with the end in mind to assist our clients to realize their goals.
Why a Career with Fisher Associates?
1. Fisher shares the cost of Medical, Dental & Vision including a HRA benefit
2. A variety of other voluntary benefits including FSA, HSA, Cancer Care & more!
3. Immediate Eligibility for the 401(k) Retirement Plan
4. Professional Development is Encouraged & Employer-Paid!!
5. Work-Life Balance Matters - PTO, Paid Holidays, Telework Option
6. We give back to the community! - Meals on Wheels, Corporate Challenge, Veteran's Outreach, & more!
Fisher Associates embraces a family-feel culture and welcomes all newcomers with open arms. We are an equal opportunity employer who supports and cultivates a diverse and inclusive workplace. Fisher Associates does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin (including ancestry), religion, gender or sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), disability, reproductive health decision making (including, but not limited to, the decision to use or access a particular drug, device, or medical service), marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, military status, unemployment status, genetic information (including genetic characteristics), citizenship or immigration status, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local laws. AA/EOE