Trowbridge Wolf Michaels, a Fisher Associates Landscape Architecture Studio, is currently seeking a full-time Designer II to join our team in either our Ithaca, Rochester or Buffalo, NY office. This position is responsible for technical documents, planning/design/coordination and consultation to clients on small projects as well as participating in the design and production of large projects.
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Independently produces technical documents for a small project. Technical adequacy of non-routine work is reviewed during progress and on completion. Routine work is reviewed on completion.
- Conducts product research and selection of appropriate materials for use on projects.
- Integrates and coordinate design requirements with other disciplines.
- Coordinates with team members.
- Demonstrates an understanding of ADA regulations and appropriate implementation.
- Researches and develop designs and product solutions and presents them for consideration.
- Is familiar with the office standard details and able to appropriately modify them if required to fit the design requirements of the project.
- All responsibilities of Designer I, and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- 3+ years of Landscape Architecture experience
- On the path to licensure
- Ability to interact successfully with design team and other office staff.
- Quickly and easily adapts to new or changed assignments.
- Handles multiple tasks very well.
- Takes responsibility of assignments and accurately follows through on all tasks.
- Clear communication skills; written, oral and graphic.
- Begins to show leadership and accountability for project tasks.
- Receptive to the ideas and concepts of others.
- Responds gracefully and professionally within an environment of constructive criticism.
Fisher Associates Overview:
Fisher Associates, P.E., L.S., L.A., D.P.C. is a consulting engineering and professional services firm serving the Transportation, Land Development and Energy market sectors. Our comprehensive services include landscape architecture, planning, engineering, environmental, survey, GIS and construction representation.
Fisher Associates continues to consistently meet the demands of our state, municipal, and private industry clients across the country. Our Clientship Philosophy ™ means responsiveness and accountability. We think with the end in mind to assist our clients to realize their goals.
Why a Career with Fisher Associates?
1. Fisher shares the cost of Medical, Dental & Vision including a HRA benefit
2. A variety of other voluntary benefits including FSA, HSA, Cancer Care & more!
3. Immediate Eligibility for the 401(k) Retirement Plan
4. Professional Development is Encouraged & Employer-Paid!!
5. Work-Life Balance Matters - PTO, Paid Holidays, Telework Option
6. We give back to the community! - Meals on Wheels, Corporate Challenge, Veteran's Outreach, & more!
Fisher Associates embraces a family-feel culture and welcomes all newcomers with open arms. We are an equal opportunity employer who supports and cultivates a diverse and inclusive workplace. Fisher Associates does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin (including ancestry), religion, gender or sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), disability, reproductive health decision making (including, but not limited to, the decision to use or access a particular drug, device, or medical service), marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, military status, unemployment status, genetic information (including genetic characteristics), citizenship or immigration status, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local laws. AA/EOE