Waves, Inc. is looking to hire talented Direct Support Professionals that are committed to helping us achieve our mission: Empowering individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to progress toward their full potential. No experience necessary - we provide training!
Starting rate is $12.50/hour. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. Both part-time and full-time shifts available.
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance offered to full-time employees. Paid Time Off, Life Insurance, Retirement Savings, and other benefits also available to full-time employees.
High School Diploma or GED, and Driver's License is required.
In conjunction with Residential Program members and in alignment with the agency mission and team goals, the person in this position is responsible for providing support services to adults with disabilities. This position is under the supervision of the Residential Program Manager.
- Assure physical safety and well-being of service recipients (SRs).
- Support SRs in community activities.
- Arrange transportation, as needed.
- Provide support and assistance as needed to SRs in managing their finances. Safeguard the SRs’ funds and maintain current, accurate records of all expenditures, i.e., receipts.
- Support SRs in maintaining a neat, clean, and sanitary home. Complete Maintenance Request Forms as needed to ensure maintenance is reported and completed in a timely fashion. Copies of the original request should be sent to the Finance Office and the Program Manager.
- Administer medication according to physician’s instruction and in accordance with Waves’ policies and procedures.
- Implement and document Individual Support Plan objectives as written.
- Supervise and assist SRs in purchasing groceries, if needed, and preparing nutritious, well-balanced meals following menus and special diets, as applicable.
- Supervise and assist SRs with laundry chores, changing bed linens, etc.
- Notify Program Manager of any behavior incidences, seizure activity, accidents, etc.
- Document any behavior incidences, seizure activity, accidents, etc.
- Attend and participate in required meetings and activities, such as staff meetings, in-service training, etc.
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certification, Medication Administration training, TIMAS training, Relias training, and all necessary training assignments within time-frames assigned.
- Maintain documents and reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist with any assigned duties.
A high school diploma or GED is required for this position. Must be able to obtain a medication administration certification, and CPR/First Aid certification. Must possess and maintain a valid Tennessee driver’s license. Requires good oral and written communication skills. Must possess flexibility in scheduling. Must meet and maintain all training requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time