We are seeking a strategic, action-oriented, and collaborative individual to join our fast-growing organization. The Senior Administrative & Strategic Director works directly with the Chief Executive Officer and will frequently interact with other senior staff as a member of the leadership team. The Senior Administrative & Strategic Director
will be the CEO’s right-hand, and the role involves participating in high-level meetings, owning targeted initiatives, and advising on organizational strategy. This job requires an excellent balance of organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and a willingness to help others. If you want to work alongside passionate and talented people, who are dedicated to helping communities, we want to talk to you.
This is a full-time position (Hybrid) located in New York, NY., and reporting to the CEO but will have 60-80% Travel.
The Senior Administrative and Strategic Director is also responsible for the design, coordination, and completion of operational improvement projects across various functional areas. They will review department performance and change improper processes, as needed, to improve service, simplify the workflow, and assure compliance with regulatory requirements. They will effectively lead a team that is focused on making a difference for our employees, clients and partners.
- Collaborates with CEO and Executive Team on strategy and business planning to achieve business goals and maximize financial and customer performance. Sets business direction, and develops, implement, and oversees operational models to meet business requirements.
- Ensures all operational activities conform with contract compliance for lines of business.
- Understands state and federal legal and contractual regulations and requirements; translate requirements into operational metrics and protocols.
- Supports internal and external audits and accreditation activities.
- Owns business analysis and successful implementation of new contractual requirements
- Meets with clients and regulators to collaborate on program improvements and customer program goals.
- Develops collaborative relationships and confirms business partners can execute day-to-day responsibility for operations (patient service centers, enrollment, technology, etc.)
- Serve as the link between health plan requirements and national support functions, including requests for program changes, implementation, training, etc., balancing local customization with global scale and efficiency.
- Implement and drive audit and reporting metrics to ensure performance against contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Supports health plan leadership team to implement new clinical, quality and affordability initiatives. This includes heavy emphasis on business analysis as well as defining data strategy, data acquisition and data analysis needs to evaluate strategies and operationalize new programs.
- Identifies and remediates performance issues and assists department leads in resolving complex technical, operational and organizational problems.
- Identifies and implements performance opportunities including those to improve Patient experience and Provider experience, efficiency and accuracy. Owns end-to-end process improvement: definition of need, project plans, status updates, reporting and achieving results.
- Provides governance on Provider/Patient network strategy and development.
- Informs and advises management regarding states’ current trends, and problems and activities to facilitate both short- and long-range strategic plans to improve operational performance and enhance growth.
- Deliver value to stakeholders by optimizing the client, patient, provider, partner and payor experience and maximizing growth and retention.
- Lead and influence employees by fostering teamwork and collaboration and driving employee engagement and leveraging diversity and inclusion.
- Drive sound and disciplined decisions that drive action while effectively using financial knowledge and data to manage the business.
- Drive high-quality execution and operational excellence by communicating clear directions and expectations.
- Customer-focused; proven ability to handle complex situations, resolve conflicts and issues effectively. Sensitive to how people and the organization function.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic objectives into action plans and lead/motivate teams to execute plans effectively; flexibility to adapt and change direction as needed.
- Work with the CEO to prioritize decisions, brainstorm organizational strategic direction, and create multi-month outlooks for upcoming major milestones
- In partnership with the leadership team, develop relationships with external stakeholders ranging from Board members, donors, and partners to community advocates and elected officials at the local, state, and federal levels
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the CEO to execute and support strategic priorities and coordinate across teams to ensure effective execution of major projects
- Prepare the CEO for external engagements by creating and reviewing documents and tasking assignments such as presentation materials, background briefs, and talking points
- Contribute to and lead special projects and high-priority initiatives covering a broad spectrum of authority
- Assist with the submission of expense reports, time-tracking, lobbying disclosures and other operational tasks
- Support all departments with goal planning, implementation and overview of performance with strong oversight and consistent review and macro-level.
- Prepare and coordinate with contracts and grants.
- Prepares and manages the administrative tasks of senior officials within the organization. Responsible for the coordination of calendars, scheduling meetings, and acting as a liaison between management and employees.
- Deliver and communicates regular internal and external communication.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in business or related field with a focus on management required
- Master’s Degree in business management required
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), preferred
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), preferred
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), preferred
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification, preferred
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC), preferred
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR), preferred
- 10-15 years of demonstrated managed care experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant federal and state regulations and requirements, as well as a solid in-depth understanding of challenges faced by the healthcare industry.
- Ability to stay apprised of ongoing changes that impact healthcare operations.
- Experience leading operations teams and cross functional business units and lead to high performing teams domestically.
- High-growth organization experience.
- Start-Up Scalable experience.
- High-level technical and financial understanding of healthcare operations; some global experience preferred.
- Strong leadership and planning skills; ability to effectively design/execute a vision.
- Exceptional relationship-building abilities.
- Demonstrate a forward-thinking mindset while constantly considering long-term business impacts.
- Identify growth and market opportunities.
- Partner with and collaborate on policies and develop specific reports to bridge forecast to tangible results. Execute operational strategies to deliver products or services and provide leadership and guidance with a mentality of just-in-time delivery.
- At least 6-12 years of experience supporting strategy development or advising executive-level leaders on high-level initiatives; experience at a political or issue-focused nonprofit or a company undergoing rapid growth preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, synthesizing and articulating the views of others in addition to your own perspectives when advising and collaborating with. the CEO.
- Strong complex problem-solving skills with the desire to brainstorm big, bold ideas.
- Track record of balancing the coordination of fast-paced daily priorities with important, longer-term strategic efforts.
- Experience with coordinating with contracts and grants.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, including proactively executing tasks.
- Experience creating materials and slide decks to advance donor and partner engagement preferred.
- Strong knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State labor laws.
- Strong experience in healthcare regulatory, including physician relations required.
- Mid-level experience in the medical device, biotech and pharmaceutical industry required.
- Experience with contract language and experience with legal procedures.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong experience with Microsoft office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Multi-Lingual (English, Spanish and French preferred).
- We will consider candidates who meet the specific job qualifications, whether they are located near our New York, New York office, or remotely. Please visit empass.com learn more.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
Empass Healthcare through our family of companies are each equal opportunity employers (EEO) and comply with Federal and State Human Rights Laws.
Highly competitive compensation
Generous and flexible PTO
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Basic life insurance
401K under development for (2023 Prospective Release)
Employee Stock Plan (2023 Prospective Release)