We seek an Electrical Engineer to work within the hardware engineering team to design cutting edge transmission line monitoring systems to improve the reliability and efficiency of the electrical grid.
The successful Electrical Engineer will be an integral member of LineVision’s Engineering team and will be involved in all aspects of our products, ensuring the highest quality. This position will report to the Hardware Engineering Manager and work closely with Engineering, Operations, and our Contract Manufacturers
What will you do?
Core Responsibilities and Key Performance Objectives
You will improve our existing transmission line monitoring sensors and help us design the next generation of sensors. This will include developing and testing new sensor technologies, computing platforms, IOT communications systems, and solar power systems.
- Within a Month:
- Learn how our products work, and about transmission line monitoring technologies in general.
- Look under the cover and get familiar with our hardware, code, and processes.
- Perform design validation testing of a sensor platform transitioning to manufacturing.
- Design a new Printed Circuit Assembly to upgrade our sensor platform.
- Within Three Months:
- Perform fabrication, assembly, and bring-up of new Printed Circuit Assemblies.
- Assist in Firmware Design of a new co-processor.
- Design upgrades of solar power systems for reliable operation of IOT devices.
- Assist in design upgrades for reliability and manufacturability.
- Provide support for new installs and currently fielded monitoring systems.
- Within a Year and Beyond, You'll
- Work with engineering and R&D to identify next-generation transmission line monitoring technologies.
- Research and identify low-power, IOT computing platforms
- Research and identify promising communications technologies
- Design and implement edge-based sensor processing algorithms
- Train new team members on our sensors, electrical designs, and processes.
- Assume a leadership role in engineering activities at LineVision as we scale.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical, Mechatronics, or related Engineering field
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Experience using Electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, function generators, VNAs, logic analyzers, and other test equipment
- Experience with Printed Circuit Board design using Altium, Eagle, or similar CAD tools
- Experience with communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, Ethernet, or Cellular
- Familiarity with Firmware design of microprocessor systems using C, assembly language, Arduino, or similar languages.
- Familiarity with Python programming and common libraries.
- Willing to travel occasionally
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Real World Data Science. Data science jobs that combine real-world sensor data, and impact a critical real world system like the electricity grid are rare. We give you the opportunity to think like a scientist, but still have a direct business impact.
- Growth. You will join a high-performing data science team to maintain LineVision’s technical expertise for line monitoring and dynamic line ratings. This role will be hands-on directly with cutting edge LiDAR, weather, and geospatial data. You’ll have opportunities to work with many cross functional teams, getting exposure to just about every aspect of LineVision’s business.
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment with other scientists and engineers
Who we are…
We are a rapidly growing technology company, enabling electric utilities around the world to lead the clean energy transition with enhanced transmission grid flexibility, increased resiliency, and more grid capacity for renewable energy. We provide utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors for the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics they need to accelerate the path to a net-zero grid.
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com