BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. You will be responsible for analyzing and planning for the future, wearing multiple hats and identifying various improvement strategies. This key financial position will be the “Finance Ambassador” to business leaders and partner with all departments to be a crucial part of decision making in areas such as planning, forecasting, resourcing, measuring success and reporting. This position demands not only financial skills but also the ability to understand the company's sales and operations looking forward, sideways, diagonal, upward, downward, while thinking strategically. The successful candidate will partner with the company's leadership to ensure they have the information necessary to run the business.
BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, Summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays! In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Lead Financial Planning, Forecasting and Reporting - develop and analyze end to end financial and operational plans for the Company through an annual operating planning process and then report on the progress through monthly, quarterly and annual financial reviews
- Drive Financial Performance and Business Analysis - help drive the financial performance of the company's programs by identifying and managing key drivers, developing financial, pricing and statistical models, and working with colleagues throughout the company to improve and manage the program's performance
- Act as an Internal Consultant - support business unit leaders through internal consulting projects collaborating with functions throughout the enterprise to link strategic and operational planning with the goal of maximizing profitability for the company and improving process efficiencies
- Identify, develop, and manage key performance metrics, develop financial models to improve and manage each program’s performance
- Coordinate all monthly, quarterly and annual financial and operational planning and reporting across all departments
- Focus on high-quality analytics and predictive planning to analyze multiple scenarios and make smart decisions
- Devise, implement, and maintain customer revenue and cost of goods sold models and report progress through monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
- Deliver information quickly, flexibly and in a format most relevant to the issues at hand
- Work with all departments to develop a streamlined process to build out the FP&A infrastructure
- Enhance the understanding at the corporate finance level of critical business performance drivers and maintain a good view of business strengths and weaknesses
- Provide analytical thought leadership and lead projects that will deliver key insights for making critical business decisions
- Assist in ad hoc projects
- This person must be hands-on, entrepreneurial, flexible, quick, adaptive and strategic in the way they look at opportunities to improve how business is managed and be an advocate of change
- An understanding of accounting, finance theory, data sources and definitions, modeling, creative problem solving and the economics of the business
- CPA certification preferred and/or advanced degree in accounting or finance with a combination of 4-6 years of Public Accounting/High Tech FP&A experience
- A proven ability to receive, analyze, integrate and consolidate assumptions and data from multiple business units
- Synthesize information to create conclusions, alternatives and recommendations
- Solve problems utilizing technology with advanced spreadsheet and database experience
- Define, incorporate and report on financial and/or non-financial key performance indicators
- Knowledge of enterprise accounting systems and how best to leverage technology to gain efficiency in the accounting/finance process
- The successful candidate will be fundamentally curious, creative and think outside the box
- This person will be intuitive in their thought process and able to partner with other executives in the organization to have significant input into improving business practices and creating new solutions
Our ideal canididate will have/be:
- A strong intellect with excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, sound business sense and self-confidence to make a decision
- A quick study with a high level of energy and commitment drive and ambition
- The skill to build relationships and to marshal resources and influence decision-making in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented and a person whom people seek out regularly for counsel and advice
- An appreciation and passion for the goals of the organization and personal achievement
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.