The Mechanic is responsible for maintaining proper operating function of golf course equipment and performs major as well as minor repairs as needed.
Essential job functions:
- Schedule and perform appropriate preventative maintenance work.
- Perform routine functions of maintenance and repairs of golf course/project equipment; tractors, riding mowers and hand mowers.
- Keep all mowing equipment operable and properly sharpened.
- Keep service records on all equipment and major repairs to facilitate historical evaluations.
- Maintain shop working area in neat, orderly fashion and observe working conditions in compliance with all appropriate safety and compliance laws.
- Work with Superintendent and Golf Maintenance Crew in training and safety of equipment with entire staff.
- Maintain appropriate inventory control.
- Ability to keep current with industry trends and training.
- Assist with mechanical problems in other departments and provide assistance to guests in emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk and crouch
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
- The co-worker can be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wildlife such as snakes, scorpions, spiders, bees and hornets
- Three years’ experience as a mechanic on golf equipment.
- Knowledge of electric and gas powered golf carts and engines.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.