1. Supervises: Box Office Staff
2. Physical Demands: Requires prolonged sitting, walking, some bending, stooping, stretching,
navigating stairways. standing and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for keyboarding and departmental equipment. Requires normal and/or correctable range of hearing and vision.
3. Work Conditions: Includes office and event environments, involving contact with staff and the public. Regular schedule is Monday through Sunday and can require irregular hours and changes to schedule due to deadlines and frequent interruptions due to events and project timelines, and due to the organization’s commitment to be 100% event driven which may be stressful at times and may involve dealing with angry, confused or upset people.
4. Staff Liaisons: Event Promoters and/or Designees and as directed by Supervisor
5. Duties and Responsibilities
- Home Box Office Operations
· Daily Business Transactions
o Prepares the “Daily” transaction and reconciliation report.
o Assists or prepares final box office settlement for each event.
o Maintains accurate balance of both the vault and petty cash.
o Coordinates any cash requests between the promoter, venue, and cash banks.
o Answers questions concerning prices, seating, and events.
o Supervises and assists with scheduling ticket sellers.
o Processes promoter and complimentary ticket requests.
o Coordinates event information between promoter, venue staff, and ticketing company in a timely manner.
o Assists in creating events within the ticketing system for both sales and scanning functions.
o Sells tickets as needed.
o Manages inventory within the ticketing system including special offers, artist/promoter holds, and tickets available to the general public.
o Checks event builds for accuracy and coordinate any corrections within the ticketing system.
· Cash Management (Cash Banks) for multiple departments including:
o Cashiers/Ticket Sellers,
o Food & Beverage,
o Mid-South Fair,
o Substitutes for Box Office Manager and processes the reconciliation log and the daily deposit for Armored Services pickup.
o Helps train staff on uses of the ticketing system and box office policies and procedures.
- Customer Satisfaction/Service
· Responds to customer complaints and requests while maintaining a positive rapport with customers and reports any issues to the Box Office Manager.
· Uses discretion and independent judgement to determine to solve problems quickly to the satisfaction of customers.
o Monitors events regularly to identify/resolve potential customer service issues.
6. Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing Assistant
- Promotion & Marketing
- Assists with on-site events such as pre-show parties as required.
- Prepares various reports on marketing efforts/results/trends.
- Strategic Planning
- Attends/participates in meetings, seminars, tradeshows and events to promote the center.
- Adheres to media budget per event.
- Develops new marketing programs and initiatives to maximize ticket sales such as third-party partnerships, new media avenues.
- Marketing Collateral
- Assists with in the creation of creative and fresh marketing plans and strategies for events, media drops and public relation campaigns to attract/promote events planned and/or booked.
- Assists with marketing plans including creation of advertising materials, media buying, promotions, social media, grassroots, and public relations for events.
- Assists with the creation collateral materials; print ads/promotions and/or digital promotional pieces, posters, schedules, calendars and various ticket brochures (from concept to completion, in conjunction with Multimedia/AV Coordinator).
- Assists with buys marketing advertising for each event.
- Manages all grassroots efforts including poster & flier distribution, community appearances and overall expansion of marketing campaigns to maximize event awareness and exposure.
- Social Media & Website
- Plans, develops, completes, and schedules social media tasks for event postings.
- Manages and implement ticket sales-driven promotions on social media sites.
- Develops key marketing campaigns using viral marketing techniques.
- Assists with the management of and execution of all email marketing campaigns through Ticketmaster’s E-Blast system.
- Substitutes and/or provides staff support for Director of Event Operations & Marketing for marketing projects as assigned.
7. Helps train other staff or volunteers as needed.
8. Forms effective working relationships & rapport with customers and staff.
9. Secures work area before departing each day.
Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
Combination/applicable education and experience in customer service and/or business operations. Possess good communication skills (including the ability to read, write and speak clearly/consistently in English), ability to work well with people, function in a busy environment with multiple interruptions, orientation to detail, and computer literacy and proficiency. This position requires the ability to type, handle cash (count money and make change), and to succeed in a fast-paced environment and produce positive results in an atmosphere that requires exemplary customer service.