Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers and large brands to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets. Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt is intentionally focusing on digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets. For consumers bakkt accomplishes this through its consumer application and suite of APIs.
The Sr. Lead product owner will be responsible for the delivery of new crypto related products and features including the core framework and experience. This role works directly with the development teams across business areas to define and deliver end-2-end solution delivery and ownership. Success in this role will include the ability to clearly define partner integration details, manage requirements gathering and cross team alignment, and ensure delivery to a timeline.
- Reporting to VP of Product, Crypto to help implement strategy for crypto across all channels
- Create product requirements and manage these requirements from ideation to roadmap to launch
- Communicate work status to program team and align with other delivery teams
- Write stories with detailed acceptance criteria, groom backlog, prioritize, acceptance test, and approve release of work
- Work with management and engineering teams to help create product strategies and roadmaps
- Partner with Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Legal, and Finance teams to drive cross-functional outcomes.
- Manage APIs and dependent system integrations
- Define, track, and evaluate success of key metrics to determine product health, usage, and impact on our end users
- Understand current and future market opportunities to ensure we’re building the right things now and going forward
- Pay attention to detail to define, plan, and document how the payment and identity platform works and will work
- ·Serve as the SME for the Bakkt payments and contribute that knowledge to the combined success of the organization.
- 3+ years in product owner experience with increasing responsibility
- Crypto, payments, fintech, or platform experience preferred.
- Passion in the field required
- Experience as product owner for development teams in an agile scrum framework
- History of product lifecycle management and successful release of product
- Bonus points for knowledge of crypto currency trading, credit processing, settlement, tax requirements, fraud, compliance, security, and/or risk
- API integration and ecosystem management; ideally, experience with microservices
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.