Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
The Terminal Clerk assists the Terminal Manager with any projects and/or daily duties that may arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Terminal Clerk is responsible for reporting to work on time each day.
- Responsible for acting in a professional manner around others.
- The Terminal Clerk respects others within the office and their surroundings.
- Prepare orders for billing.
- The Terminal Clerk performs scanning/indexing.
- Ensure settlement notes are added and correct.
- The Terminal Clerk sends accounts payable invoices to accounting.
- Update driver permits.
- The Terminal Clerk maintains driver license expiration, coordination of physicals.
- Maintain DOT inspections list.
- The Terminal Clerk orders office supplies.
- Schedule meetings.
- The Terminal Clerk performs other duties as necessary.
- The Terminal Clerk reports directly to the Terminal Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Work experience in an office surrounding of at least one year
- Experience setting up and maintaining filing systems by either scanning into software program or by paper system into filing cabinet
- Demonstrated computer keyboard skill at approximately 60 words per minute
- Demonstrated courteous and considerate telephone skills
- Knowledge of common computer programs, such as: Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.
- Demonstrated legible penmanship
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently; some knowledge of the Spanish language preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (possibly up to 8 hours), use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Benefits and Perks:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees receive:
- 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accident
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and fax machines.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.