The Relocation Counselor I (RC I) is the primary contact for our customers and clients in the domestic relocation process. A RC I must combine highly refined interpersonal skills with a strong knowledge of the relocation process in order to achieve a high degree of satisfaction with clients and customers (transferees) and to operate within fiscal parameters.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct a needs analysis with the transferee to develop a strong understanding of his/her requirements and to establish a strong rapport.
- Understand all aspects of the assigned clients’ relocation policies.
- Ensuring receipt and entry of all required document for relocating employee’s files.
- Consult on and administer relocation benefits according to client policies, adhering to expense guidelines, policy coverage, and timeframes.
- Maintain regular and positive contact with transferee using verbal and written communication.
- Arrange or modify candidate, intern, and relocation travel (flight, hotel & car) in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist transferee in finding a rental home/apartment by providing a referral to rental agent, online resources, etc.
- Manage the household goods process including survey, pack/load, delivery, and claims.
- Provide home marketing assistance (HMA) in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage transferee to allocated budget for expenses; escalate exceptions to client and manager.
- Facilitate expense reimbursements to the transferee and payments to service partners.
- Meet or exceed service metrics and revenue capture expectations; ensure collection of destination referral fees.
- Escalate issues as appropriate-partnering with Account Managers and TRC management to ensure on-going client/customer satisfaction.
- Follow all work-flows in the Move Track system to ensure timely billings.
- Able to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Maintain file in a timely and accurate manner in the tracking system including updating actions, document uploads, and important notes for each relocation.
- Recommend opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies to manager, client, account manager, or transferee.
- Assist across multiple teams as needed.
- Participate in desk coverage as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Educational, Experience, and Licensing Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop appropriate correspondence both internally and externally
- Work under minimal direction, organized, and have the ability to prioritize commitments and projects
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to follow data entry/department standards
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve
- Act with persistence and tact in resolving issues both internally and externally
- Strong customer relations skills that include the ability to work with discretion and integrity
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate highest level of professionalism in both appearance and behavior
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong work ethic with off-hours flexibility and able to travel as needed to meetings and training events
This position is considered light duty with frequent phone and computer use.