The Relocation Counselor II (RC II) is the primary contact for our customers and clients in the domestic and global relocation processes. A RC II must combine highly refined interpersonal skills with a strong knowledge of domestic and/or global relocation processes in order to achieve a high degree of satisfaction with clients and customers (transferees) and to operate within fiscal parameters.
Essential Job Functions
A Relocation Counselor II is expected the meet the Essential Job Functions of a RC I, in addition to the Essential Job Functions of a RC II:
- Conduct a needs analysis with the transferee to develop a strong understanding of his/her requirements and to establish a strong rapport.
- Consult on and administer relocation benefits according to client policies; adhering to expense guidelines, policy coverage, and timeframes.
- Maintain regular and positive contact with transferee using verbal and written communication.
- Arrange or modify candidate, intern, and relocation travel (flight, hotel & car) in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist transferee in finding a rental home/apartment by providing a referral to rental agent, online resources, etc.
- Manage the household goods process including survey, pack/load, delivery, and claims.
- Facilitate and conduct property management services on behalf of the transferee.
- Provide home marketing assistance (HMA) in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage transferee to allocated budget for expenses; escalate exceptions to client and manager.
- Facilitate expense reimbursements to the transferee and payments to service partners.
- Meet or exceed service metrics and revenue capture expectations; ensure collection of destination referral fees.
- Escalate issues as appropriate-partnering with Account Managers and TRC management to ensure on-going client/customer satisfaction.
- Follow all work-flows in the SMART system to ensure timely billings.
- Maintain file in a timely and accurate manner in the tracking system including updating actions, document uploads, and important notes for each relocation.
- Recommend opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies to manager, client, account manager, or transferee.
- Discuss home sale process with the transferee and explain the required documentation and the roles of TRC and the title company.
- Negotiate home sale contract and buyout with transferee, listing agent, and title company.
- Review and analyze appraisals and home inspections to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness of information presented.
- Develop, present, and execute effective home marketing strategies to reduce list to sale cycle times.
- Coordinate the permanent housing search in destination location, leveraging referrals to TRC’s preferred partners.
- Manage designated service partner relationships and facilitate resolution of service escalations in an effective and timely manner.
- Review and approve leases for international transferees.
- Assist international transferees with Visa requirements.
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in customer service
- 2+ years of experience in relocation or related industries
Educational, Experience, and Licensing Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- CRP and/or GMS certification strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop appropriate correspondence both internally and externally
- Work under minimal direction, organized, and have the ability to prioritize commitments and projects
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to follow data entry/department standards
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve
- Act with persistence and tact in resolving issues both internally and externally
- Strong customer relations skills that include the ability to work with discretion and integrity
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate highest level of professionalism in both appearance and behavior
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong work ethic with off-hours flexibility and able to travel as needed to meetings and training events
This position is considered light duty with frequent phone and computer use.