Provide intense community-based support services to assist child survivors and secondary victims of domestic abuse, transitioning from the residential setting, in developing healthy living.
Expectations of Every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedbook.
Individual Client Services:
- Assess needs of children and family and create plans to address child and family needs.
- Make referrals for community supports as needed, often to include school IEP programs, Health Families, First Steps, Headstart, child care assistance programs, after school programs, summer programs, etc.
- Ongoing case management intervention with individual children and youth.
- Observe parent's daily living and parenting skills; redirect and/or teach skills where needed.
Group Children's Services:
- Facilitate activities and groups for children of all ages
- Utilize colleagues, interns, and volunteers to carry out activities within the building as well as field trips into the community.
- Collaborate with Direct Care staff, Advocates, Case Managers, Coordinators, and Directors as appropriate to provide the appropriate care to clients.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation.
- Train other staff, interns, and volunteers as needed on job duties.
- Attendance at staff meetings as required.
- Comply fully with all requests from supervisors, assist and cooperate with all staff in the performance of their duties.
Supervise volunteers and potentially staff relating to providing services to children and youth.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate client records, documenting interactions with every child in all residential programs at least weekly.
- Maintain collective children's program records to allow for reporting to funders and the wider community as required.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
Adhere to established policies and procedures.
Respond to and resolve client issues; create and maintain high quality work environment to perform at highest level.
Transport clients in company vehicles, as needed.
Agreement to attend continuing education workshops/seminars, CPR and First Aid training, as required.
Other duties as assigned to meet the organization's goals.
- Bachelor's in Social Work or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong customer service skills with ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people. Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Ability to offer guidance, direction, and feedback to staff in a supervisory role.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion when handling potentially confidential or sensitive manners.
- Strong time management skills; ability to take initiative to solve problems and work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- 1-3 years of general office experience, including reception and telephone duties.
- 1-3 years of experience with general office equipment (copiers, printers).
- Accurate, organized, and detail-oriented, with ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Ability keep accurate records and files.
- Must comply with organization's policy of automobile insurance: must have a valid driver's license and personal automobile insurance coverage.
- Flexibility to change work hours as needed.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with clients, staff and volunteers.
The statements within this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.