Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Packaging Engineer is responsible for delivering innovative and cost effective packaging for Whisker’s finished products, including Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot and all new product road map initiatives. The Packaging Engineer will ensure adequate protection of the product, durability of the packaging to the consumer, and the design is aligned with Whisker’s aesthetic, open box experience and marketing standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Designs and leads all product packaging from concept to completion
- Tests packaging concepts and systems
- Sustains existing packaging
- Evaluates and develops new materials or alternative packaging materials
- Collects and validates input from all stakeholders including engineering and marketing teams
- Assists in supplier selection
- Conducts research and creates design proposals for projects
- Creates concepts, performance, and production criteria
- Produces drawings and specifications
- Creates initial BOM and track costs
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You’ll Bring:
- BS in Packaging or Engineering and/or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years experience in packaging engineering, preferably in consumer products
- Strong CAD experience with PTC Creo or similar systems
- Proven ability to be creative, agile, and detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft’s business suite of software (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Has been involved in at least one successful new product introduction
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
Not Required but Nice to Have!
- Not required to have pets, but highly recommended!
- PTC Windchill or other PLM
- Google software suite
- A solid model / design skill set test may be asked to complete as part of the interview process.
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.