Join the PURIS team and play a key role in the production of high-quality, USA made plant proteins! We offer a competitive salary, incentive plan, medical, dental, life, short term disability, and vision insurance. In addition, we provide a generous PTO package and 401k with company match. This is a full time, 12-hour rotating AM/PM schedule, working 2-3 days on, and 2-3 days off. Shift differential for PM shift, $30-$34+/hr depending on experience and qualifications.
As a Boiler Operator, you will be responsible for the safe operation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of our plant utilities, including high-pressure steam boilers, ammonia refrigeration systems, compressed air, process water, cooling towers, fire protection systems, and safety devices. You will also contribute to the Maintenance team as needed. This is a unique opportunity to join our team at a brand-new manufacturing facility, work with state-of-the-art engineering, and execute new initiatives that will support our vision of a Plant-Strong Planet.
To be successful in this role, you must embody our Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute to a Safety-First culture that promotes empowerment and continuous improvement
- Oversee the daily operations, maintenance, and continuous improvement of our plant utilities, in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Troubleshoot issues and initiate immediate corrective action to prevent recurrence
- Communicate issues and corrective actions, and document preventative actions for future reference
- Develop, review, and update preventative maintenance schedules and procedures as needed
- Coordinate repairs to building systems and equipment, and prepare documentation to log and report necessary information
- Understand and apply IOM manuals, equipment schematics, shop drawings, etc.
- Collaborate with Production, Engineering, Quality, and EHS to continuously improve the Safety and reliability of the plant utilities
- Follow all plant food safety policies and procedures
- Be able and willing to respond to building emergencies and after-hour calls for repair
Education and Experience Required:
- First-Class Engineer’s License, Grade B (minimum)
- Strong electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic background
- Basic understanding of commercial plumbing, HVAC, and fire systems
- Ability to manage multiple complicated priorities/tasks
Preferred: Experience in a continuous food production facility, experience in industrial machine repair, including preventative and predictive maintenance principles, experience with ammonia refrigeration systems
Skills and Capabilities:
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Dependability, attention to detail, analytical thinking, cooperation, social orientation, adaptability/flexibility.
If you want to be part of a team that is dedicated to producing high-quality, USA-made plant proteins, we would love to hear from you. Apply today and become a part of the PURIS team!
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.