Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Quality Assurance and Test Engineer is responsible for developing test documentation, procedure, and executing the tests on various products produced by Whisker. Testing responsibilities will cover a combination of firmware, hardware, and mobile app experience and may be conducted manually or automated depending on the situation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Plans and prioritizes testing activities
- Creates standard test procedures and documentation for various products
- Creates test setup and automation
- Performs testing on firmware and hardware updates
- Troubleshoots issues and identifies weaknesses and problem areas in firmware and hardware
- Prepares detailed test reports
- Communicates and collaborates with other team members
- Supports, maintains, and enhances all testing related activities during iterative development and system testing
- Creates test and programming fixtures and software to support factory activities
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You’ll Bring:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in a firmware and hardware QA and testing environment
- Experience creating an automated test environment from scratch
- Hands-on experience with white box and black box testing
- Experience with Git, Bitbucket, and JIRA
- Knowledge of programming languages (i.e. C, Java, C#, python, typescript)
- Knowledge of digital and analog electronics
- Knowledge utilizing standard lab equipment (DMM, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Identifies, communicates, and escalates issues
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
Not Required but nice to have!
- Not required to have pets but highly recommended!
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.