AJAC is looking for a dynamic and engaged program manager to develop and support our apprenticeship programs. AJAC’s mission is to create industry-driven apprenticeship programs that serve the lifelong learning requirements of a 21st Century workforce. Our Regional Program Managers contribute to this goal by bringing new businesses to the program and expanding program capacity.
We have a small staff of entrepreneurial, smart and motivated team members – this work is fast and dynamic but also rewarding and highly collaborative.
As a Program Manager, you are responsible for the region of Olympia, Tacoma, Vancouver, and Portland which involves maintaining employer, apprentice, and community relationships. This position requires 20-30% travel throughout your region, though it is rarely overnight.
Your typical day as a Regional Program Manager might look like this:
· Attend a tour at a local manufacturing employer that is interested in apprenticeship programs. Understand their workforce needs and skill gaps to recommend the right apprenticeship for them.
· Travel to another employer partner site to walk a group of apprentices through the paperwork to enroll in the program. File this paperwork in our online database.
· Attend a community meeting to let them know about pre-apprenticeship programs and manufacturing training available in your local area.
· Get back to your office, and use Salesforce to track your outreach activities for the day, as well as find new leads to continue outreach.
· Respond to emails and phone calls from employers and apprentices, to answer questions about the program.
· Work with the Regional Program Manager team to develop new presentation or outreach goals, and collaborate on ways that we can expand the program.
This role will be a good fit for you if you:
- Are a motivated, self-starter that can exceed outreach goals without direct supervision.
- Enjoy being engaged in the community, listening to business needs, and supporting program development.
- Can reliably meet project deadlines, and like to bring new ideas to the table for business growth.
- Have at least 4 years of experience in program management, business outreach, recruitment, workforce development, economic development, or community engagement.
- Thrive on being in front of people, delivering presentations, conducting business consultations, and talking to C-Suite executives.
- Bring a collaborative, self-motivated, and positive attitude to the team.
- Love a flexible, and ever-changing schedule. Each day can look a little different as a program manager.
- We understand that apprenticeship is a unique training model, so we are looking for someone that can quickly learn new programs and their requirements. You will be a great fit if you have experience working with a diverse customer base and understand business outreach.
Regional Program Manager Team Culture:
- Willingness to be flexible, as AJAC changes you change with us.
- At all times, we are customer service focused both internally and externally.
- Motivated to build relationships with business, students, and community partners.
- Be an innovative problem solver that is solution driven and process improvement oriented.
- Values community connections and partnerships and is driven by outcomes.
Schedule: Full-time, salaried position.
Wage: $65,000 – 70,000 per year, depending on experience
Office Location: Olympia, WA with regular travel throughout region (includes Pierce, Thurston, Lewis, Cowlitz, and Clark counties as well as Portland, OR)
- 8% - 401K Employer Contribution
- Monthly Cellphone Stipend
- Robust Medical/Dental/Vision package
- Short term, Long Term disability
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Awesome Company Culture
- 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off, plus 13 paid-holidays
- Mileage and lodging reimbursement (when in travel status)