In this role, you will join a collaborative and motivated team to expand and deepen the team’s expertise in formulation, fill and finish (mixing, filtration, cryopreservation, packaging, storage and thawing) of cell and gene therapy products. In addition, you will support other process development studies for different unit operations across multiple allogeneic cell therapy programs. This person will have a direct impact in generating clinical material that will drive Poseida’s mission to cure patients of cancer. You will have an opportunity to learn and advance in your career as this group is forward-thinking and fully supportive of development. We understand the meaning of team and are looking for an individual that wants to be a part of something bigger and a driving force in changing the lives of cancer patients.
Poseida is seeking a highly capable and independent Process Development Associate to join our Process Development team to develop novel cell processing platforms to support Poseida’s allogeneic cell therapy programs. He/She will work to improve the current process and assist in developing several cutting-edge technologies in constant pursuit of the best possible way to deliver our proprietary technologies. He/She will work in conjunction with a team of scientists to develop, optimize, scale-up, and characterize in-process, upstream and downstream methods to improve critical variables in the development process. The primary focus of this position is to support development and optimization of downstream manufacturing processes with specific emphasis to harvest, formulations, fill/finish and cryopreservation of drug products. He/she will also be expected to develop, design, and participate in new platform technology evaluation and implementation. Position requires excellent communication and presentation skills, troubleshoot technical issues, and to work with automation instrumentation and software. This position is located at our headquarters in San Diego, CA.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in platform improvement studies such as development of novel formulations, cryomedia, freeze/thaw optimization, and fill/finish
- Execute hands-on experiments on stress studies and perform data analysis independently to support formulation screening and development for hypothermic storage, cryopreservation, banking and long-term stability
- Support other process development studies as required
- Prepare and deliver concise scientific presentations of experimental results at meetings and assist in authoring scientific technical reports
- Assist in the development and review of standard operating procedures
- Assist in the tech transfer of manufacturing processes to pilot, clinical, and commercial facilities
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Biochemical, Chemical, Mechanical, Biomedical Engineering or related scientific field with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with immune cells, preferably CAR-T cells or primary cells, including culture, expansion, harvest, formulation and common immunological assays such as proliferation, flow cytometry, ELISA, and multiplex assays
- Experience with development of cell and gene therapy drug product formulation
- Experience in development/qualification of operations such as freeze/thaw (Cryopreservation), formulation, filling, capping, visual inspection, packaging and banking
- Experience with biopharmaceutical product and process development, process-engineering, aseptic fill/finish operations and cGMP knowledge
- Experience/knowledge of closed cell manufacturing systems (i.e., bioreactor system, CliniMACS Prodigy, Wave Bioreactor, Sepax) for cell and gene therapy is preferred but not required
- Ability to multitask, able to work independently and function within a collaborative/team-oriented environment.
- A willingness to think outside the box, be creative and comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Must be physically capable of lifting 25 pounds
Who We Are and What We Do
Based in San Diego, Poseida Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company utilizing our unique and proprietary genetic engineering platform technologies to create next-generation cell and gene therapies with the capacity to cure. We are passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives with the development of our CAR-T therapies in various cancers and gene therapies for rare diseases. Our goal is to deliver potential single treatment cures for patients in need. Our portfolio of product candidates is specifically designed to overcome the limitations of current generation cell and gene therapeutics.
At Poseida we put people first. Our team is passionate about improving patients’ lives through innovation. See what our team has to say about our culture:
“My favorite part about Poseida is all the people that I get to work with. Everyone is so passionate about what we’re doing here and there’s so much camaraderie. It feels like one big enthusiastic family.”
“My favorite part about working at Poseida is the amazing culture and working environment. Everybody is friendly, professional, collaborative, and has a remarkable can-do and positive attitude.”
As we advance our compelling pipeline, there are endless opportunities for impact and growth. We encourage you to apply today!