Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Base Salary Range: $36,200 - $46,605 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Facility Administrator, this position is responsible for providing maintenance support to all SCFHC’s locations, including continuous monitoring of facility appearance and operations. Must be familiar with standard concepts and practices of office services (supplies, copy rooms, conference rooms). Should demonstrate the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks., Must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, etc. In addition, they perform periodic quality checks on all equipment and systems to ensure they are up to standards.
- Assist in maintaining clean and orderly buildings ensuring quality standards are met.
- Assist in repairing and maintaining physical structure of establishments.
- Assist in replacing damaged ceiling tiles, floor tiles, and wall coverings.
- Assist in installation and maintenance of items that deal with all functions of the clinic operations.
- Assure gutters and drains are clear of debris and in good working order.
- Delivers and picks up parts, equipment and supplies from storage as directed.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and office/clinical supplies, either manually or using hand trucks.
- Requisition of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Safely perform cleaning procedures with the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in accordance with SDS and manufacture specifications.
- Trim shrubs, trees, and pull weeds.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours.
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Degree preferred
- Computer literacy and knowledge in word, outlook, excel and other Microsoft applications.
- One (1) year of maintenance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the maintenance field, i.e. carpentry, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, drywall, or painting.
- A valid California driver’s license
- A valid clean driving record
- Automobile Insurance