Title: Part-Time Accountant Assistant
Base Salary Range: $53,709 - $71,467 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary healthcare clinic that has been committed to providing quality healthcare for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: Under general supervision of the Controller, the part-time Accounting Assistant will provide clerical support to the Accounting Department and staff. The Accounting Assistant must have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), have proficiency in Excel, and be able to accurately key in information. You should also possess excellent teamwork, communication, and time management skills.
- Maintain customer files, including all accounting and legal documents.
- Research and analyze problem invoices and follow up on inquiries.
- Accurately review, code, and process accounts payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Makes entries to general ledger accounting system.
- Assists with grant management and reconciliation.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform all work in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP).
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Currently enrolled in an accounting program or a degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word.