Working under the supervision of the Vice President of Sales, the Customer Service Manager is responsible for overseeing the overall operations of the Sales and Service Representatives, Shipping Department and the Company factory outlet. Overall, the Customer Service Manager’s (CSM) is to focus on all aspects of customer satisfaction as it relates to order processing through final shipments. The CSM will work closely with the sales team (customer facing), as well as the manufacturing/operations team to ensure customer satisfaction. The Customer Service Manager (CSM) is directly responsible for managing the order processing, picking, packing, and shipping to completion for all foreign and domestic orders.
Essential Functions of the Job (listed in order of importance):
1. Maintains effective customer relations and exceptional customer service.
2. Receives customer orders by phone, mail, website, email, fax, or sales representatives.
3. Determines and/or verifies the required product, pricing, packaging, and delivery.
4. Provides timely and effective communication to Production and Packaging Managers to develop promised ship dates.
5. Provides timely and effective communication to Customers regarding acceptance of orders, promised ship dates, terms and conditions, and subsequent changes.
6. Manages order-processing activities to ensure that customer product and warranty orders will be filled accurately and in a timely manner.
7. Directs Sales and Sales Representatives and Ballistic Technicians to accomplish the same.
8. Arrange and prepare required export license applications and all required reports and disclosures, while maintaining accurate files.
9. Manage export records and maintain database discipline to ensure compliance and capability to adequately and timely respond to government requests for information, audits, or compliance program status.
10. Responds to customer's inquiries or complaints regarding fulfillment and service activity.
11. Determines best method to resolve complex customer service problems to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to organizational policies.
12. Coordinates information to resolve problems.
13. Informs customers of status of orders throughout the orders to cash process and resolves problems related to same.
14. Follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
15. Maintains and prepares reports regarding orders taken and products shipped.
16. Develops weekly Sales Forecasts.
17. Makes periodic calls to existing customers to determine satisfaction with the organization, products, or services.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Implements procedures and provides guidance to ensure that customer inquiries, orders, requests, and complaints are handled and processed in accordance with the organization's objectives.
2. Receipt and distribution of deliveries (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.)
3. Annual freight negotiations
4. Facilitate the company’s shipping of all other materials.
5. Promotes and fosters an environment of open communication, teamwork and trust between SSR team and Production/Packaging, while creating a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
6. Document team member’s performance, take corrective action if necessary or escalate to supervising Manager.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Effective utilization of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Outlook, Word
2. Understanding of company accounting procedures related to placing orders, shipping, billing, and collections.
3. Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient.
4. Customer Focused.
5. Ability to communicate professionally in written and verbal forms.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Bachelor's degree required and five years’ experience.
2. Possesses a thorough knowledge of the organization's policies, procedures, products, and services.
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Extended sitting, some standing and walking.
2. Visual acuity required for long periods of screen work.
Experience Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Distribution and logistics management experience.
2. Working knowledge of transportation requirements and documentation for foreign and domestic shipments.
3. Previous supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to lead and work as part of a team.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills for working at all levels of the organization.
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
1. Demonstrated (tested) effective utilization of Microsoft Office products.