Assistant Vice President/ Vice President – Underwriting & Portfolio Management
Monroe Capital is searching for candidates to join its investment team for a role underwriting and managing a portfolio of syndicated and club transactions. The candidate will work as part of a team underwriting investment opportunities for various Monroe Capital funds as well as managing existing portfolio investments. This individual will be responsible with taking a leading role in underwriting and presenting potential investments in syndicated and club leveraged loan transactions, while managing a portfolio credit investments.
- Lead underwriting process on new loan transactions, including preparation of investment committee memos and present potential transactions to investment committee.
- Analyze potential investment opportunities via review of offering materials, industry research, financial statement analysis and modeling, etc.
- Interface with investment bankers, private equity firms, third-party due diligence providers, external research resources, and other lending professionals as part of the underwriting and due diligence process.
- Conduct review of legal terms and documentation on individual transactions.
- Manage portfolio of syndicated and club loan investments, including performing ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio companies and communicating updates and developments to investment committee.
- Prepare memos summarizing amendment transactions for portfolio deals.
- Develop a focus on specific industries within portfolio and follow news, trends, and research in respective industries.
- Mentor and train Associate and Senior Associate level team members
- 5-10 + years of relevant finance experience in one of the following areas, including a minimum of 2 years in a credit or principal investing role:
- Principal investing (e.g., private credit, high yield, private equity, etc.) role
- Leveraged finance, investment banking, or corporate banking
- Credit/equity research
- Strategy consulting (e.g., conducting private equity due diligence)
- Accountant at a nationally recognized accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge, as the candidate will need to build financial models, analyze financial statements, and have a firm grasp on cash flow dynamics.
- High level of intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to multi-task while working under tight deadlines.
- Strict attention to detail and strong mathematical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products (especially Excel).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as the candidate will be expected to prepare internal investment materials and present to investment committee.