Title: Dental Back Office Supervisor
Base Salary Range: $67,519 - $82,416 plus benefits
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary healthcare clinic that has been committed to providing quality healthcare for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Dental Office Administrator, the Dental Back Office Supervisor is responsible for supervising all back office support staff (Registered Dental Assistants, Unlicensed Dental Assistants, dental assistant externs and volunteers), maintaining uniform standards for daily dental clinic operations, patient flow, and reporting staff and patient concerns as needed. Also, perform basic supportive dental procedures under the supervision of a licensed dentist
Summary of Essential Duties (*Essential Functions)
- Ensure operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirement; call for repairs, when necessary
- Prepare treatment room and patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting seating, and draping patient
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts
- Fabricates temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts
- Trains and maintains quality of care provided by Registered Dental Assistants, unlicensed dental assistants, and dental assistant externs and volunteers
- Maintain inventory of dental supplies and order supplies as needed for all sites
- Ensures that the back office provider assignments and break/lunch periods are scheduled and followed
- Coordinates employee relations in conjunction with Dental Office Administrator or Dental Director, and Human Resources
- Meets regularly with Dental Office Administrator to review operations and staffing
- May require traveling between dental sites to maintain clinical workflow and patient services concerns
- Other duties as allowed for Registered Dental Assistants from the Table of Permitted Duties on the Dental Board of California website. Follow established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, and continuous quality improvement objective.
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- AA Degree or equivalent work experience (essential)
- Graduate from a California Board-approved RDA educational program
- Licensure as an RDA to the Dental Board of California or Licensure as CDA
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS)
- A minimum of two years working as RDA
- A minimum of two years supervision experience