Agilyx is an environmental technology and development company located in Tigard, Oregon that extracts value from difficult-to-recycle mixed waste plastic streams. The Company has developed the first system capable of recycling polystyrene (rigid containers, foam cups, packaging materials, and Styrofoam) into styrene oil, which is then used to remake polystyrene (“PS”). The company has also commercialized a technology that converts mixed plastics to high quality VGO crude. Agilyx is working with waste service providers, municipalities, refiners, and private and public enterprises to develop closed-loop industrial solutions for mixed waste plastics.
Reporting directly to our Director of Engineering, your primary objective will be to assist/lead in design, review, validate and implement thermal/chemical polymer recycling systems that safely, reliably, and efficiently process a variety of discarded polymer-based feedstock into valuable products in complete compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Design and Optimize process systems for the Agilyx process, utilizing good engineering practices.
- Technical Lead role for project(s) from Pre-Front End Engineering to Detailed Design/Commission/Startup.
- Create and modify engineering documents such as heat and mass balance, process flow diagrams, process and instrumentation diagram, equipment lists and datasheets, and other basic engineering process design documents with support from engineering team.
- Evaluate and Review engineering documentation for completeness from EPC and other third parties.
- Collaborate with engineering team in the execution of projects through each phase from feasibility study to commissioning and plant operation.
- Support optimization efforts to include process data review, root cause analysis and solutions development.
- Assist in construction, commissioning, performance testing, and troubleshooting efforts at deployed facilities.
- Develop experiments with R&D, evaluate results to drive changes to and implementation with future designs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering related discipline from an accredited university. BS degree in other relative engineering disciplines with chemical process experience is acceptable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience developing and deploying chemical process systems.
- Understanding of chemical processes, elementary process control/instrumentation and process safety to include HAZOP required. Understanding of elementary mechanical and electrical (incl Thermal process) functions preferred.
- Comfortable with PC-based software tools, such as the MS-Office® suite, MS Project, and process engineering software such as ChemCAD or ASPEN.
- Demonstrated proficiency in root cause analysis, time/project management and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Demonstrates a system thinking approach.
- Excellent business acumen, commitment to teamwork, and results driven
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident, proactive, and strong problem-solving skills
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics
Our ideal candidate will have experience in established companies and familiarity with best practices AND a preference for working in the entrepreneurial culture of an early stage, rapidly growing company – thriving in a dynamic and challenging environment where excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinking, and customer relationship management are vital qualities. NOTE: This position profile is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Reports to: Director of Engineering, Agilyx
Type: Salaried; Full time with benefits
Work Hours: Generally, 8:00am - 5:00pm; there could be evening and weekend work
Staff: None. Location: Tigard, OR
Work environment: professional office, manufacturing, and research lab
Travel: Up to 10% (Expect mostly for Project Site visits and Plant Startup)
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Company Culture We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining diverse and highly talented individuals. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, an engaging and growing culture, and a variety of opportunities for our employees’ professional growth and development.
Agilyx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We value mutual respect and diversity in the workplace and are committed to Employment Equity and Inclusion. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees that drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and do not discriminate any applicant’s status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.