We are HALO! We build brand engagement for our over 60,000 clients globally and lead our $25B industry through the dedication of over 2,000 team members across the United States.
HALO seeks a Senior Director of Process and Experience Transformation to join the newly formed Business Transformation Office. In this critical, high impact role, you will deliver business process re-engineering strategies and tactics in support of HALO’s strategic priorities, transformation objectives and portfolio. You will learn, deeply understand and dramatically improve HALO’s business and core processes to more effectively deliver HALO’s products, solutions, and services to our customers. As the leader of Process and Experience Transformation, you will be the link and key driver to establish and mature the function and own its success to enable business transformation at HALO. The successful candidate will bring a combination of experience in process engineering and continuous improvement, organizational change management and project management and will have worked in both consulting and industry roles supporting enterprise transformation initiatives (structure, people, process, technology).
This position can be based anywhere within the US, although ideally located in the Chicagoland area.
Business and Technology Management
- Accountable for the consistent execution of the enterprise-wide Process and Experience delivery approach, methods, and results
- Lead, develop, and execute strategies to streamline and improve business processes on transformative and strategic initiatives as well as on an ongoing, continuous improvement
- Bring processes and workflows to life with data that tells the story of what’s going well and what could be improved, modeling processes, assessing operations, and quantifying opportunities for improvement
- Implement industry leading practices, techniques, and tools to re-imagine processes, improve operations, enable technology innovation, and improve business outcomes
- Clearly establish business objectives: Define problem statement, KPIs, objectives, scope, success criteria, approach and align stakeholders
- Analyze current state processes to understand deficiencies, opportunities, and associated root causes. Design/test/deploy new future state processes
- Develop, analyze, and propose options that achieve objectives, balancing effort, cost, impact, and speed
- Partner with business leaders, IT, and project managers to design, pilot, and implement fit-for-purpose future state processes based on business objectives and requirements
- Create roadmaps and roll-out plans: Work with project teams to design an implementation approach and support roll-out
- Support full implementation and change management to embed and ensure adoption of new processes
- Help to cultivate a culture of end-to-end mindset, continuous improvement, creativity and innovation
- Lead and work across multi-disciplined teams to deliver multi-faceted solutions
- Create and drive broad stakeholder alignment
- Provide business case support: Lead cost benefit analysis and other ROI/business case analysis
- Operate in concert with broader transformation objectives and team as a steward and advocate for achieving HALO’s business and transformation objectives; delivering within span of role to advance forward progress and results while providing a consistent and seamless customer experience
- Act as the point of contact for Process and Experience Transformation pillar and work closely across stakeholder groups and with business SMEs, functional leads and IT to advance transformation objectives and adoption
- Collaborate with BTO and IT/Business stakeholders to develop, and champion adoption of, holistic and integrated delivery methodology and standards
- Partner with members of the Transformation team and across HALO to drive project and company transformation goals
- Mentor and support change agent network to instill continuous improvement concepts and culture
Talent & Team Management
- Manage, mentor, and contribute to employee career development
- Collaborate and provide input into performance management objectives, feedback, and goal-setting for direct and dotted line team members
- Instill a culture where employees develop greater business acumen and focus on business value attainment, develop deeper collaboration, business engagement, and influencing skills, overcome fear of failure and engage in test and learn practices and develop learning agility to become more versatile and better able to be effective in a range of contexts
- Demonstrates courage and willingness to anticipate and drive positive change
- Support and enable project team effectiveness to deliver on transformation efforts
- Operate as a change leader and change agent; mentor and coach team members and staff
- Take initiative to understand, learn, and support HALO’s businesses and drive to win
- Model and cultivate HALO culture and values
- 10+ years of business process engineering experience; leading enterprise, cross-functional end-to-end process redesign, transformation, and improvement initiatives, with applied process methodologies and a history of successful transformations
- 5 years of relevant consulting experience in process re-engineering, coupled with technology implementation and organizational change management, project management
- Experience with modern methods and techniques, (e.g., user-centered design, customer experience design, value stream mapping, design thinking, rapid and iterative delivery methodologies, rapid prototyping)
- Transformation leadership: demonstrated success affecting cross-functional and end-to-end process transformation by helping others to change and remove barriers.
- Success at leading cross-functional workshops and alignment events, with fluency in translating business objectives and insights into optimal process design
- Demonstrated success influencing senior leadership decision making, facilitating problem solving, and mediating conflict
- Strategic communicator: able to simplify the complex with proven experience presenting to top level executives
- Analytical skills: to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving workforce and consumer experiences
- Promotional products industry
- ERP experience, with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of order-to-cash processes
- Professional certifications in business process reengineering, process design, change management, and/or project management (e.g., DMAIC, Lean Six Sigma, continuous improvement, PMP, CAPM, CSM, CCMP, Prosci)
More about HALO
HALO is the global leader in branded merchandise, uniform programs, and recognition and incentive solutions. We partner with our clients to break through the clutter of our media saturated world and connect their brands to customers, employees and other audiences critical to their success. As a team member you can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination.
We also offer:
- Career Advancement: At HALO, we love promoting from within. Internal promotions is the key to our exponential growth in the last few years. With so many industry leaders at HALO, you'll have the opportunity to accelerate your career by learning from their experience, insights, and skills and gain access to HALO's influential global network, leadership experiences, and diverse thinking.
- Culture: We love working here and know that you will too. You can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination. We push the limits of possibilities and imagination by staying curious, humble, and provocative in order to break through yesterday's limit. Diversity is the source of our creativity and we thrive when each of contributes to an inclusive culture of respect, dignity, and equity mindset in everything we do. We keep our promise for excellence with an unrelenting commitment to achieving results and supporting one another to stay accountable, transparent, and dependable.
- Recognition: You're going to succeed here, and you can count on us to celebrate your wins. Colleagues across the company will join in recognizing your big milestones and nominate you for awards. Over time, you'll earn so much recognition that you can convert into gift cards, trips, concerts, and merchandise at your favorite brands.
- Flexibility: Most roles offer hybrid work. In addition, we pride ourselves on flexible schedules that help you find a balance between professional and personal demands. We believe that supporting our customers is the priority and trust that you and your manager will find a schedule to achieve that priority.
- Work with your favorite brands: HALO clients include over 100 of the Fortune 500 as well as thousands of mid and small-size organizations. You'll be on teams that are focused on the future of our industry and bringing our customers fresh ideas that are first-in-the-world.
- Stay well at HALO: At HALO, we have benefits that support all parts of your life and to find a work-life balance custom to you. We offer easily accessible mental healthcare for you and your family. HALO has multiple programs to help with life’s challenges. Our program focuses on behavioral health coaching, therapy and psychiatry, personalized skill development, and providing access to care for your dependents. In addition, we offer nation-wide coverage Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Prepare your financial future with our 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
HALO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We insist on an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Inclusion is a core value at HALO and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
HALO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at email@example.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Careers page.