Our company is looking for a capable, diligent financial controller to manage the accounting operations of the organization, along with supervising all accounting staff.
The Controller/Accounting Manager is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The Controller leads all day to day finance operations and is responsible for directly supervising payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable ensuring timely recording of all financial transactions. Responsible for carrying out the company’s financial plans; its internal control systems and procedures; the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports.
The ideal candidate for the financial controller position is bright, attentive, and efficient with self-assurance and the ability to complete work skillfully with little to no direct supervision.
• Supervise and oversee Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll/Benefit Administrator functions and staff.
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Prepare monthly financial statements for all operating companies, quarterly for holding company.
• Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reports by company/department to monitor trends, budgets, and cash flow – monitor the financial health and performance of each business unit and company as a whole.
• Cash flow management by business unit.
• Track and maintain proper controls for inter-company expenses, invoicing and cash exchange.
• Fixed asset management; purchasing timeline and strategy, sale/scrap of equipment, tracking in Fixed Asset CS.
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and budgets.
• Responsible/oversight for State of Illinois Motor Fuel Tax, Tire User Fee, Truck & Trailer Plate licensing.
• Management of the procurement of company benefit plans and workers compensation insurance.
• Responsible for annual budgeting and planning process; prepare interim financial statements; financial analyses of operations and budgetary comparisons to gauge performance.
• Work with Pricing Analyst to review pricing strategies, profitability and competitiveness.
• Provide all financial schedules and records to corporate tax accountants annually, facilitate regular communication on tax planning strategies.
• Responsible for documentation of accounting, payroll and benefit administration procedures/processes.
• Attend meetings and seminars, as necessary.
• This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by company president.
Experience & Job Knowledge
• Proficient in accounting software; Creative Solutions Accounting or Accounting CS software preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Advanced level of Excel expertise.
• Payroll/Hr/Benefits software service provider experience – Paylocity current vendor.
• Preferred knowledge of Transportation Management Software (Brokerage & LTL) – Carrier Logistics Inc (CLI) current vendor.
• Preferred knowledge of Warehouse Management Software - RAMP current vendor.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Commitment of the organizations goals and core values.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 5 years experience to include; supervisory, controllership or senior accountant capacity; in transportation preferred.
• Supervisory experience of accounting staff; including hiring and performance management.