Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include best-in-class Managed Detection & Response powered by a Managed Open XDR platform. The company has a 24/7 Security Operations Center that monitors their own proprietary managed EDR software as well as supporting leadings network, cloud and identity solutions. Advanced threat hunting, defense validation and counterintelligence services provide additional layers of security. Our expert security staff and technology help shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture (from anywhere in the continental United States) and flexible remote work options. For the fourth year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US on the Inc. 5000 list! At the 2022 Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Best Technology Solution” for the third year in a row. We’ve also been named “North American Partner of the Year” by AT&T Cybersecurity, providing best-in-class SIEM technology and service. Binary Defense recently completed a $36 million growth equity round of funding from Invictus Equity Partners to accelerate our growth and technology and service delivery offerings.
Binary Defense offers competitive medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents, a 401k match which vests every payroll, a flexible and remote friendly work environment, as well as training opportunities to expand your skill set (to name a few!). If you’re interested in joining a growing team with great perks, we encourage you to apply!
The Principal Solutions Engineer at Binary Defense is a technical sales role whose primary objective is to be a technical evangelist and executive advisor for prospects & clients in the field of information security. A successful candidate will use a combination of business, technical, and sales acumen to help companies solve their operational deficiencies as it relates to information security. As a rapidly growing organization, Binary Defense is looking for a candidate that isn’t afraid of a challenge, has a great sense of humor, and enjoys working with a fast-paced organization and sales team.
- Focus on strategic/enterprise opportunities with partners, prospects, and clients at the highest levels of the organization
- Knowing when to delegate and when to take ownership in addition to having excellent time management skills.
- Supporting the sales team, channel partners, and prospects understand Binary Defense’s key offerings at a business and technical level: Security Operations Center (SOC), Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), Managed Detection & Response (MDR), Extended Detection & Response (XDR), Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), Threat Hunting (TH), and Threat Intelligence (TI) services.
- Brings and develops a thorough knowledge of the competitive landscape in across the key offering areas mentioned above.
- Participate in pre-sales calls & presentations (both in-person and remote) with prospects, clients, in regional seminars, on global webinars, and at trade shows / conferences.
- Be proficient in conducting demonstrations, proof-of-concepts (POC), and staying abreast of current industry technology, trends, and competition.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work well with multiple groups and be creative in obtaining information and solving problems.
- Work in tandem with the sales team in fulfilling goals and responding to Requests for Information/Quote/Proposal (RFI/RFQ/RFP).
- Ability to recognize opportunities to increase deal size and speed up the sales cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including experience presenting in front of audiences (whiteboarding, storytelling) with strategic credibility and confidence.
- The individual must be curious, motivated, and passionate about information security / information technology.
- Ability to talk about technical subjects and deliver technical presentation to a wide array of audiences with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Ability to translate security terms and knowledge to inexperienced prospects and partners.
- A desire to learn new technologies by reading and keeping up with industry trends.
- Assist with security solutions engineering/architecture leading into pricing exercises/calculation deliverables and developing Statements of Work.
- The candidate must possess various personal traits like inter-personal skills, high energy, flexible, self-motivated, trustworthy, friendly, dependable, and has excellent follow-up skills.
- Provide regular updates & training to the SE team and Sales team on best practices, competitive updates, differentiators, and lessons learned.
- Desire and drive to build and cultivate a professional network across technical security individuals both within and outside of Binary Defense.
· Bachelor of Science degree and/or significant equivalent working experience
· 10+ years related work experience in the fields of information security and technical sales
· Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail
· Strong technical writing capabilities with a focus on grammar, spelling, and proper sentence structure
· Ability to translate technical topics to an audience of varying technical understanding in written, visual, and verbal formats
· Ability to take ownership, set priorities, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines
· Independently manage multiple projects from concept to completion – Accountability, personal initiative, and integrity
· Well-developed problem-solving and interpersonal skills
· Authorized to work in the United States full-time
· Ability to travel to prospects across the US and occasionally outside the US as the job requires
· Experience with writing contracts / statements of work
· Previous interactions with Salesforce.com
· Ability to create high-level network/security architecture drawings/diagrams
· Exposure working in or with a partner channel organization
· Understanding of professional services organizations and/or managed service providers